Taillight plug part number?

Mark B.

Supporter
Hi guys, I've had no luck searching for the right plug for the included taillight fixture. I know it's made to fit a 2006 Dakota, but I can't find the plug that fits the bulb holder (see pic below). Anyone been able to find it? Otherwise I've found a bunch of 3157 bulb holders with wires so my fallback is I'll just replace them.
light1.jpg
light2.jpg

Mark B.

Supporter
Wow I feel like an idiot :) didn't even think to check Rockauto. Thanks very much, Kyle! that thing must be made out of gold, though :)

IMO, I'd replace the bulb socket with a 1157 (or 1156 if only reverse light) and solder wires together.

Mark B.

Supporter
Yea that's where I landed also :) I ended up searching on replacement sockets last night and found some shat should fit for $30 total shipped instead of $100. The two sockets on the light housing are different (one is 2-ears, one is 3). I stayed with the 3157s since I already had LED 3157 bulbs. I just ordered them and will post here once I get them and confirm they work.

Yea that's where I landed also :) I ended up searching on replacement sockets last night and found some shat should fit for $30 total shipped instead of $100. The two sockets on the light housing are different (one is 2-ears, one is 3). I stayed with the 3157s since I already had LED 3157 bulbs. I just ordered them and will post here once I get them and confirm they work.

Dang it, sorry you're right they are 3156/3157 bulb.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Could you not use 3 spade connectors on the light fitting and fill the area with fiberglass or epoxy putty and then add a removable plug of lesser cost on the newly fitted tail wires?

ian

Mark B.

Supporter
That could work as well. The connectors are around 1/8" or 3mm wide so you'd just need smaller female spade connectors

Mark B.

Supporter
The new sockets with pigtails came in yesterday and they fit perfectly for $30 total. So if you're looking for a clean solution here are the Amazon links:
set of 2 for Reverse light:

1 piece for parking/brake (i.e. buy two)

Back