The New CAV

Ron Earp

Admin
Announcement

Monday, May 17, 2004

This announcement is to confirm that Autofutura and Carcraft have joined forces and are now the sole manufacturer and exporter of the CAV Ford GT40 Replica.

Cape Town Motor Vehicle Corporation, who traded as CAV, has been liquidated. All the moulds, jigs and intellectual property needed to manufacture the CAV GT were purchased by the Autofutura enterprise. Autofutra has no association what so ever with the old CAV, Cape Town Motor Vehicle Corporation or any of the holding companies it may have traded from.

We are happy to announce that we are in production again and will be shipping the first of our new generation cars in July 2004. Although the CAV GT is rated as one of the best GT 40 replicas available, we have ourselves implemented at least 30 improvements to the previous model. A racecar version is currently under development.

We encourage anyone interested in the CAV GT to contact us. Our details follow and we look forward to hearing from you!

Jean Fourie & John Spence

Autofutura
Unit 4 Tifosa Park
5 Bell Crescent
Westlake Business Park
Westlake

Tel: +27 21 702 3307
Fax: +27 21 702 2419
e-mail: [email protected]
www.cav.co.za (in the process of being updated)

Dealers

VIP Classics.San Diego, Californi Roy Sayles Phone 619) 232 6864E-mail : [email protected]

HRE Motorcars.Long Island, New York Bill Andrews Phone: (516) 378 5461E-mail : [email protected]

CAV Canada MotorSports Inc. Ian Clark - President Phone: 905 637 9362 Mobile Tel: 905 320 6309 Fax: 905 637 8123

Pat

Supporter
I spoke to Roy Sayles at VIP Classics in my search for parts and not only did he assist with my wiring upgrade but indicated that they are taking delivery of several of the "new Cavs". He indicated that the factory is in production and they have earmarked several cars for the US market.
So it looks like the reconfigured company is fully underway.

Veek

Back