The New & Improved GT40s.com - Now ONLINE!!!!!

Randy V

Administrator
Hi folks...

I bring you good news.
The new software is installed on the server and we’re making tweaks to it now.
The Developer has done a test conversion of the databases to the server and so far has been checking out just fine.
Pictures to be uploaded can be as large as 12mp (megapixels) - although the larger they are, the longer it will take the server to resize them.

With any kind of luck we will have the new site up and replace this current site around July 4th some time.
We will need to take this site down while the transition is made - this will take approximately 6 hours.

I would like a few volunteers to take it for a test drive...
Please send me a PM if interested in helping out..

Last edited:

Robert S.

Gold Supporter
Hi folks...

I bring you good news.
The Developer has done a test conversion of the databases to the server and so far has been checking out just fine.
Pictures to be uploaded can be as large as 12mp (megapixels) - although the larger they are, the longer it will take the server to resize them.

With any kind of luck we will have the new site up and replace this current site around July 4th some time.
We will need to take this site down while the transition is made - this will take approximately 6 hours.

I can help if needed. Thanks for the update. Robert S.

Ron Earp

Administrator
Staff member
Things are moving along. We're waiting for a new logo/artwork and then the new site will go live. It's going to be a departure from the look, feel, and usability of this site. But overall it is more functional, has more features, and is on modern software that is supported. The search is fast and works, picture uploading/resizing is automatic, and it'll be a solid platform.

looks good but one thing that I have noticed is that there are no longer any navigation buttons such as for going straight to the last unread post in a thread.

Hi folks...

I bring you good news.

July 20th and looking good!
Scary at 1st as no file found on my iPhone but cleared cashe and there it was

Randy V

Administrator
Don’t ask why XenForo changed the named of PMs that the world is so used to...
They are now called “Conversations “.
If you want to start a conversation with someone, click on their Icon and then click “start a conversation”.
If you want to see what conversations you already have been part of,, go up to the navigation bar and click Inbox.

Attachments