Tilton master cylinder reservoir

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Gentlemen, is this still the preferred triple reservoir or is there something better out there ? If memory serves me correctly, the Wilwood units had a leaking problem. It’s for a RCR Lola.
Thanks in advance!!
Regards Brian
F584A7C5-3330-4B8E-B0CB-CC29516E0A40.png

Bill Kearley

Supporter
While on this subject. What fluid are people using? I have been using DOT5 silicone on everything as it wont absorb water and has a very long life.

Neil

Supporter
While on this subject. What fluid are people using? I have been using DOT5 silicone on everything as it wont absorb water and has a very long life.
Silicone brake fluid is slightly compressible, giving you a very slightly "spongy" feeling to the brakes. Check seal compatibility, too.

RBF600, I can't stand the slightly spongy pedal DOT5 gives and I don't like that it doesn't absorb water as any that gets into the system through the hoses and seals and breathers then just collects in the calipers as they're usually the lowest part.

Back