Tire sizes on standard wheels?

Hi there,

Out of curiosity, and for planning and budgeting purposes, what size tires are folks putting on the standard wheels? Are the 18 x 9.5 fronts a 240, 245, 250? What profile? I assume rear 19 x 12 are 305, but what profile?

Cheers,

Ruth

or 335/30/18; I wonder if 345/30/18 would fit. I've found some 345s, but I don't know - it looks like they might rub the control arms and poke outside the body. Hmmmmm.

Btw, if you want my opinion (doesn't everybody :laugh: ) I'd highly advise you to buy the upgraded 18s. Having owned both (the 19s and 18s) I think the 18s are a bajillion times better.

- Better fitment
- Easier to remove (with my 19s I had to remove the toe bar to get the tires off - jacking it up would cause them to roll forward slightly and wedge into the fender)
- LIGHTER. Almost 35% lighter at each corner. It's a big difference
- Better looks. At first I thought the 19s looked better, but not anymore. The 18s capture the car pefectly.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Perfect example of Alex thinking too much instead of listening ....HHHHMMMM!!!!!...

We have no problem changing wheels ..but we use the correct sized tyres....oopps...

Last edited:
The "standard" wheel & tire sizes for the SL-C are perfect for the street. I only went for the optional CCW wheels and Cup tires "just because". Both look good on the car. Use the price difference toward the engine or gearbox!

Perfect example of Alex thinking too much instead of listening ....HHHHMMMM!!!!!...

We have no problem changing wheels ..but we use the correct sized tyres....oopps...

But you need some MASSIVE meats out back ..... at 325 you may as well go buy a Gallardo. 345 or bust, haha ;)

I guess I busted though :lipsrsealed:

Oh well, worked out for the better. I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: my CCWs now that I've had them for a while. Great rim choice for the car :thumbsup:

If I had the skill I'd find a way to fit rims like Rob has. Mmmm, massive.

I love my CCW's! They look like they were designed for the SL-C!

Standard cast wheels are well suited too. I simply had to have those massive 345's at the back!

attachment.php

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Are the standard wheels the same as the Corvette Z06 Spyder wheel? Are the offsets the same 40mm (front) and 59mm(rear)? Is the bolt pattern the same 5x4.75?

I'm planning on building a SLC street only car and looking for wheel options. Do the cars being sold to Canadians come in a "roller" form (with wheels/tires)?

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ken...yes they do come as a roller and there are three wheel choices..no tyres.....GM 5 x 4.75 pattern

Last edited:
Are the standard wheels the same as the Corvette Z06 Spyder wheel? Are the offsets the same 40mm (front) and 59mm(rear)? Is the bolt pattern the same 5x4.75?

I'm planning on building a SLC street only car and looking for wheel options. Do the cars being sold to Canadians come in a "roller" form (with wheels/tires)?

Offsets and backspacing of the stock rims should by the same as a c6z06 - i put mine on c6z and they all fit perfectly.

Back