Transaxle adapters

As I am looking to possible use a Nissan VR38DETT motor in a SLC build. I am wondering if there will be an adapter though Griffen for this motor, or if one can be build one.

VR38DETT is the base motor used in the R-35 GTR.

I have a bare block in my shop right now which is JUN block and also a fully built motor that was taken out of a car, as this was from a recent project that I was working on for a friend and customer.

My thing right now is to figure out if I am going to build the SLC or RCR40 first.

I will be in your area Feb 21-27 or so. I will be at the Autorama show as I am putting two cars on display there. I will try to drop the block off and come by the shop to have a look.

Are you sure you want to go that route? Wouldn't you much rather have a BBC 917 :shy:

Alexisisisisisiisis, trying to grow the demand segment 1 person at a time =)

I sent Fran the rear plate to a 20b rotary and he had it measured and shipped back with the new adapter plate within a week. The adapter plate for whatever engine/transaxle combo is specific to the SL-C as it also bolts to the frame of the car. Places like KEP who specialize in adapting engines and trannies would not be able to help with these cars. They would however be able to help in the clutch/flywheel dept. though, at least in my case.

R-35 GTR engine in one in an SL-C would be badass.

I have looked at the Alpha 12 package, before, most of the parts will not work with a SLC. As you would not be running a stock ECU, stock exhaust, intercooler set-up or cold side of the intake.

I have a few other idea's for the engine if I use it. Darton Sleeves and a BC stroker kit and a Boost Logic turbo kit and JUN upper manifold.

Back