Transaxle Comparision

This would be a great piece of information for the FAQ or links page.

Most of it is "non-subjective", except when you get down to things like "torque capacity" (yes, I know it shouldn't be non-subjective but it will be in discussion due to indivdual experiences and opinions), and servicibility/costs.

A spreadsheet would be a good starting point.

Ron

Hi all,
for the last time, what we do.
And at the end what we usually ask to the customer in the last attachment, in order to calculate the best ratios for him.
Ciao
Doktor Zahnrad.

Attachments

• T606 SLR.pdf
    259 KB · Views: 748
  • T750_&_T900.pdf
    322 KB · Views: 487
  • TSR.pdf
    414.6 KB · Views: 454
  • T756H - Gear change positional guide.pdf
    711.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 20izc0026-2_gear-position.pdf
    217.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 20izc0025-5_data-mounting.pdf
    646 KB · Views: 385
  • GEARFOX - Roadcar vehicle questionnaire v6.xls
    70 KB · Views: 402
Re: Transaxel Comparision

WANNI’S THOUGHTS

- ZF old As you said, OLD
- ZF RBT Perfect replica of the one above. Probably in the Saleen version, it comes close o the modern expectations, but the space available is limitate.
- ZFQ Now some poison - Quaife has NOT SUFFICIENT knowledge about synchromesh and helical grinded gears and street requirements in general, for what I have seen. They do not have a vehiculist for the fine tuning. On top of it thay could not integrate the oil pump in the gearbox as a part of it, it is not a great design work. It is not anymore reversable up side down like the old ZF
- Wanni's It is there as an OEM supply on: Pagani, Koenigsegg, Apollo, Ascari, Lotec, Tramontana, CiZeta V16T, now requested by Arbitrage cars, Hulme, etc etc etc 900 Nm with 90 Kgs. Very nice ratio. Reversable up side down
- G50
- G50/50 All those 3 boxes are good enough and very honest. I have been working 3 years at
- 930 PORSCHE WEISSACH and those guys never miss a target.
- Renault ( Old piece of steel used on the Renault 25 and the Lotus Esprit up to 3.5 L ) When Bugatti was owner of Lotus, Artioli wanted as a priority 1 to change it with a Getrag. The investment was too high.
- Audi/Getrag used by Porsche Caymann ( a bit small, that's why Caymann without TURBO )
- I think Graziano produce a box or two as well ( Yes, but they are dedicated to the customers who made the investments for . Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Maserati & Audi.
Any others

- T44 - Goran. Coming up with my sympathy.
- Ricardo Ford GT bulky and heavy but it works really fine.
- Hoer Carrera GT it works but it is just sufficient acceptable on an extreme car like the Carrera GT. By being transversal, the comfort is a bit compromise. Let us see if the bigger brother in test on the new Pagani is better. Good luck.
- Xtrac ( hammer head ) who knows what it will be. Again, Xtrac people are not used to street stuff but they are far to be stupid.. Development with the Rogue GT.......??????? But with the Koenigsegg as well. Who knows if Christian will chose the great English brand or will stay with his old friends at CIMA ??? 2 different boxes….the car very extreme, the CIMA is an institution dressed in a long eve elegant design. Xtrac aggressive, with a better dedicated design to this particular vehicle. Customer support isn’t bad everywhere. Let us see the constance and the quality in production. This is a proper war with respect and fair play between 2 titans. Good luck as well.
- Mendeola. Another manufacturer thinking the street use too easy to perform.

Conclusions….a transmission made for 1.000 and more Nm is dedicated to VIP sports cars costing from half a million €uros to one and half.
How many of those are sellable world wide in a year??? 150 to 200….and this is the market business for VIP transaxles. I was the pioneer, we are already too much in this area. Another area is missing a right and honest transmission….the 600 Nm….where the volumes are completely different.
Now everybody can understand why I am down sizing my unit. My target is to sell 1.000 – 1.500 units a year.
Right now I do not feel too difficult a great success if I look to the involved competitors, Most of them are missing completely “ LE CAHIER DES CHARGES “. The specification list with added what the unit shall do and shall not. No TARGETS= on run changes of route which are producing only compromises and never a canonical finish of the race by project freezing.

Ciao

Wanni

Wanni, instead of trashing everyone else's poduct, why don't you just let the market decide. Again your arrogance is UNBEARABLE!!!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter

Mike

In my opinion (whatever that is worth), I feel Wanni's response is not intended to be arrogant. I think it is confidence in his ability coupled with a cultural upbringing that encourages people to "express their confidence" that enables him to express himself in this way. Having a European background myself, I see this trait as being more prevalent in Europeans than in Australians or Americans. Again, that is my observation of Wanni's position however I may be way off the mark...
I think maybe the advice given by Ron that "non-subjective" / non-opinionated spreadsheets with real data would be a GOOD thing, so that this sort of SUBJECTIVE dialogue doesn't cloud the cold hard facts.....

Bill.

Hi Guys

Being subjective about the ZFQ Quaife transaxle.

Quaife 42 years of motorsport history in the Transmission business. Welcome to the home of Quaife Engineering, World renowned manufacturer of the Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing,differential, Quaife gearboxes, gearkits and steering racks, as well as numerous other transmission and upgrade parts for road cars, race an

Two Factories capable to manufacture and supply in quantity.

New ZFQ transaxle is a nut and bolt specifically designed replacement for the GT40 ZF trans.

ZFQ Transaxle is also upgraded to 550 ft lbs of torque and 600 Bhp.

ZFQ is fitted as standard with Quaife's ATB differential with life long Guarantee.

There are many transaxles on the market but they don't fit the GT40 without adapters plates special flywheels clutches and starter motors, only the RBT/ZF and the ZFQ will

Regards

Chris.

Hi Dom

dimensional information for the ZFQ

regards

Chris.

Attachments

• E-62G1-01.pdf
    267.4 KB · Views: 739

John,

Much appreciated.

I don't know much about this market, and I know that the drivetrain is the most important item in one of these cars.

My boss worked for one of the automotive consultancies, and suggested that for $15K the Ford GT box is excellent value. By UK standards, $5,000 is good value.

Only problem with it - it is huge !!! Beautiful box that won't fit in every application. So rather than buying a Ford GT box from Ebay for $13500, and then finding it is too big, and wondering what in the heck I could do with it, I thought that I would do a comparison.

I plan to put all the info together in a spreadsheet and as Ron suggested, get it put up in the tech or FAQ sections.

Thanks all for your help.

Dom

Any ideas where I can find info on the other boxes?

Wanni, instead of trashing everyone else's poduct, why don't you just let the market decide. Again your arrogance is UNBEARABLE!!!

Dear Mike,
it is now the second time that you show world wide how your brain is limitated.
I live in a free country as you are. If you do not like my style, just read something else.
My writing style is like that and the day you will write Italian like I am writing in English.....come back to me. You will be one big step forward.
Not because you know Italian....just because finally your brain begin his predisposition to receive other inputs than Mickey Mouse.
Ciao
e non rompermi piu le palle.
Wanni

Howard Jones

Supporter

Part of the issue for me is that I can't afford to participate in the R&D on one of these boxes. I can't see buying any of the new comer's until they have been installed and run for a while in customers cars.

This is why I consider the Porche boxes the best bet at this point. Proven use in Kit cars that have been put together by people like me.

I would encourage the developers of these new products to get them into the hands of end users like me, run them and post the results.

I would love to put your boxes into one of RCR's p car. Hint Hint! I really don't care which one.

Wanni, say what you want the way you want to. I do. How else will we know what you mean. It's all good, feel all the love. I'm from California and nobody knows what I mean either.

lol, I rest my case......

Sorry for the rudeness of my answer, but slowly slowly I became the AGITATOR, the TERRORIST and what else????
I am just trying to discover what others are trying to cover, just for making easy money. I already have my market and I will not sell my units one by one leaving the buyers in the s..t for not knowing how to install it.
I am the only one showing how my babies are made by giving to the pubblic the assembly drawings. Have you seen someone else doing it or responding to.....which synchro system are you using????
All the Mickey Mouse secrets will come up one day. I feel more then confortable while someone else is feeling the contrary.
Again.......I will never dress my immage like Bin Laden and I will defend it with all the words are at my disposal.
Who does not like this style, please read some other posts.
Ciao
Wanni

THIS THREAD = TRANSAXLE COMPARISON

Another thread trashed

I am getting really tired of this.

Chris.

Suggestion,

Just use the 'Ignore' function if some of these poster's are getting to you guys, then come back and review them in a couple of weeks, I think you will find that most folk have had enough common sense to wade thru the muck and smell the roses. Even politicians stop shouting when they realise no one is listening.

Jac Mac

RON, LIKE CHRIS, this is becoming more than tiresome, its b***** annoying now, please shut this continual sniping and innuendo down and lets get back to sanity.

Ron Earp

Admin

I'm surprised at the behavoir over this issue. Unfortunately, I'm away at the moment and do not have time to properly respond or comment on the thread. However, it has less and less to do every post with an objective transaxle comparison, what the thread was started for in the first place.

Ron

Back