transparent vent tubing?

I recall having seen someone who had used transparent tubing (teflon) for the rear cylinder vent lines from the intake manifold. I have been swinging through the search feature but cannot find the post. Anyone remember the details. I have a need for such tubing.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Try Aeroquip, they were I believe the original manufacturers of PTFE tubing and fittings. They were originally located in Dayton Ohio but I do not know if they are still there. Nylon 11 tubing will also suffice but must use inner insert at ends to prevent collapse

Gary, you mean something like this?

Attachments

• 40679-DSC00361.JPG
    40679-DSC00361.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 323
Dave: Yes. Exactly what I am going to setup on my recovery tank. I had not thought about the expansion tank, but maybe there too.

[ QUOTE ]
Look for Tygon tubing. It is what is used in chemistry labs and stands up to heat and vacuum/pressure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tygon is pretty good, but it will colapse under vaccum, and the braided versions are only good to about 100 psi. I don't know what it's temperature spec is, but I wouldn't trust it if you have a combination of pressure or vaccume and high temps.

If you need to survive heat, pressure or vaccum, you should go back to mcmaster carr and look for sight glasses. Some are designed for boilers, those will handle extremely high pressure and temps. Also they won't discolor like plastic tubing can.

Back