Uk based light cover moulders???

Hi, does anyone have any info on any company able to do light covers and side windows for a 917, i have all the shapes, male and female in fibreglass just struggling to find someone to do it.
Had thought about making a hot box and doing them myself using vacuum and compressed air, any ideas???
regards Chris

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about this guy doing it in "How to Build Your Own Supercar"
How to Build Your Own Supercar Essential Manual Essential Manual Series: Amazon.co.uk: Brian Thompson: Books

While more a book on how he did it for £6.80 there are still some useful tips and tricks in there.

I don't have the book to hand so can't recall what he did but IIRC he created a plaster of paris mould and heated it in the oven with the plastic on and then attached a hoover to suck it into the mold.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Roy Snook
A member of this board makes all perspex pieces for the GT40
I am sure he can do them for your car

Ian

Hi Chris,
as you've got all the moulds, the easiest way I understand is to drape the polycarb sheet over the mould and either stick it an oven or heat it with a halogen heater.

Alternatively Graham Turner (GTA Racing) is a forum member and has a 917 replica, so may have a source for these

By the way stunning project & look foward to see the finished result.

Regards
Andy

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Chris

If you have made your own tools we can form them for you.

Give me a call if you are interested on 01562 820372

Thanks

Andy

Thanks all,
I will have a go at doing it myself, thanks for the kind offer Andy.
I will build a hot box and vacuum and let you know how I get on!
cheers Chris

Back