UN1 - Concentric release bearing

Hi all,

Have now arrived at an inverted UN1 bolting up to the 302, using almost all of the Ford bolt holes. Required some alloy glued to the bellhousing and drilled, but it all lines up nicely. Mounted a Toyota starter to suit the Subaru ring gear on the Falcon 6 flywheel and it should work :drunk:.

I want to run a concentric release bearing, but with a 10mm spacer plate (it's not really an adapter plate any more) I only have about 35mm between the compressed clutch fingers and the rear of the bellhousing.

I have looked, but cannot find this subject covered previously. Has anyone been down this particular path? Looking for the thinnest release bearing available. At the moment a Quarter Master seems to be the thinnest, from my searching (at about 1.6 inches) but would love something thinner if possible.

I am using a new pressure plate supplied by the engine builder, and it may well be possible to get a thinner one. But the one I have has been balanced to the engine. :sad:

Any suggestions appreciated.

Clive

Clive,
This is what I designed for my UN1 to Ford 302 with a tilton triple disc clutch it measures 1.875 over all but you could probably make it a bit smaller yet, it just fit right that way for my application. I do also have an auto cad drawing of it and the tilton part number for the bearing if your interested.
Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0455.jpg
    DSCN0455.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 322
Back