Un1/r21/r25

Gents,

I have been a member for a while, mainly getting an education from all the members. I must confess my dream car is a Magnum GT, built after the Dino 246GT. Attached a few pix of the car, chassis, carbs and wheels. I do share alot of the same problems you guys do with your 40's. So I figure this is the place to have some of my major questions answered.
My power plant will be a Ford 302 with very little changes. Currently all I plan on adding is 6 pack carb setup, headers and a mild cam. At 1800 lbs I don't think alot of HP is necessary.
I am in need of some info on the UN1/R21/R25 transaxles. I recently located a UN1 and R21 here in the US at a very nice price. My question has to do with rebuilding it, what company should I contact for all the parts needed for the rebuild?
Hopefully the members of this club won't mind sharing information with a non-GT40 owner.

Thanks for any & all help.
Joz

Attachments

• A&E chassis 01.jpg
    A&E chassis 01.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 6 Pack 2.jpg
    6 Pack 2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 479
  • FW_1221_500.jpg
    FW_1221_500.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 467
  • Magnum GT 001.jpg
    Magnum GT 001.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 445
  • Magnum GT 005.jpg
    Magnum GT 005.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 427
I have a comeplete parts diagram and breakdown of that gearbox sir. I can help assist you in finding parts. Contact me at your conveinance. Thanks.

Ryan,

Sorry about that last e-mail, happy fingers. Are the parts diagram and breakdown for the tranasxle something I can buy from you? I want to do as much work on the unit as I can.

Joz

Ian has the links for you.

There is some good information in there, and they do make good reading for those of us who enjoy reading repair manuals like it's a best selling novel.

Used parts and cores are scarce in the US, however new ones and repros can be ordered and are available.

Back