Useful Build Planner

Hi guys,

I did this simple spreadsheet years ago for generic kit car builds, to help people plan what parts they'll need ahead of the stage they were working on to avoid those annoying delays caused by realising you haven't got all the parts needed.

I've updated it for my own purposes for the build of GTs40 #5 that i've recently started, and i've attached it to this thread in case it's useful for any other builders. I would have thought it's particularly useful to scratch builders.

It's essentially a list of everything i can think of that goes into an average build, and it is for the builder to fill in the finer details (although i've put some outline detail in) to help manage their build.

D.

Attachments

• buildtemplate-gts40.xls
    51 KB · Views: 657
Hi Darren,
another useful document, thanks for posting. Nice to see I'm the source for silencers. One day hopefully I'll be able to prove that they work as planned
If you started on car#5 where's the build log??
Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

Sorry i forgot to reply to your post! Only when i lost the document i had attached here on my PC and needed to send it to a customer did i see that you had made a comment.

I wanted to do a build log for #5, but, speaking to a few club members they suggested keeping things under wraps for the time being. To be honest i'm so busy at the moment with making stuff it's not progressing half a quickly as i want it to. I might start doing something a little further down the line on my website.

D.

Back