Vehicle Wiring Basics

I am getting close to sorting the electrics and i am starting this thread to double check my thoughts and improve my understanding of this subject.

Firstly some details on some of my proposed electrical choices to help those that wish to comment understand where I am coming from.

The car will be mainly road use with occasional track day use not competition use.
  • Alternator - will probably be a Proform one-wire model, 100amp (good size?)
  • Distributor - is a Proform HEI unit, single wire hook-up with a pin for a tacho feed
  • Fuel Pumps - at least 1 Red Holley, maybe 2 if I decide to go that way, no EFI
  • AC will be installed
  • Davies Craig electric water pump
  • 2 Radiator fans, one coolant temp controlled, other A/C trinary switch controlled
So with this in mind and I wantedd to get a handle on how the electric should be/could be run
The diagram attatched is a starting point and i will over the next few days embelish and alter it, in fact i have already noticed that although i have mentioned the water pump i have not added it to the diagram and no fuses or relays are shown but this was a first go and its getting late.

With luck this may turn into a full-on wiring diagram. I have not sourced the loom (a company up in Scotland I think does a generic 4 part mid-engined loom at a good price, that way if i butcher the loom to destruction i only butcher one part not all of it!!!) and i think whatever loom i get is going to have to be altered somewhat.

Attachments

• Car Electrics.jpg
    Car Electrics.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 301
Back