Video Posting

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Is it just me or is there a problem posting videos?

Tried to upload an .avi but it's not happening.

Even better would be an imbed, that way GT40's wouldn't have to host it but you could see it directly inside a post.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Might be the size of the file, not sure what the limit is, but Ron might comment. You can use Yahoo, or YouTube or a host of others to do it and not hammer the servers Ron's using. The limit for Yahoo is about 100meg and not sure what other have but it is pretty easy to get them up and just use the link back to them. I have done it on the other threads here where I posted videos but they were actually hosed by yahoo. The slowest thing is downloading and getting things to fit in 100meg.

Sandy

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Might be the size of the file, not sure what the limit is, but Ron might comment. You can use Yahoo, or YouTube or a host of others to do it...
Sandy

Yeah, I loaded to youtube and then tried embedding it here, won't work.

Then I tried loading it directly here. The GT40's "manage attachments" page says it's a 19.07MB limit for .avi's, and the file is only 12.5MB. But can't get it to work. Tried from 2 different PC's, just wonder if anyone else has uploaded or embedded a vid here recently.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
This is a test of an embedded video from Yahoo...

<embed src="http://us.i1.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/player/media/swf/FLVVideoSolo.swf" flashvars="id=4819481&emailUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Futil%2Fmail%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26vid%3D1398095&imUrl=http%25253A%25252F%25252Fvideo.yahoo.com%25252Fvideo%25252Fplay%25253Fei%25253DUTF-8%252526vid%25253D1398095&imTitle=Mustang%252Bat%252BCobra%252BClub%252BWillow%252BSprings%252BOct%252B2007%252BSPLIT%252BSCREEN%252BVERSION&searchUrl=http://video.yahoo.com/search/video?p=&profileUrl=http://video.yahoo.com/video/profile?yid=&creatorValue=c2dhbnpAcGFjYmVsbC5uZXQ%3D&vid=1398095" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="350" width="425">

Ron Earp

Admin
This site won't do videos despite what the attachment page says. We can't handle/afford the bandwidth as we are maxed out as it is (more on that next week).

Most of the forums accept HTML code which means you can do what Sandy has done, embed a video. But not all of them are that way because when I set some of them up I forgot to click the button that allows it. The Yahoo embed works, the YouTube should as well. For sure you can simply paste a link in to the YouTube video and folks can click on it. I know that works as I've done it before.

I have a heavy work week so GT40s.com support will be limited from my side.

Ron

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
That is me in my 1965 Mustang Fastback, hacking willow spring. I think I get sluged behind a bunch of slow cars, not that I'm fast, but just faster then them. I also elected to follow one of our members so he can have some video of him driving round'.

More up on my site some if you want them.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Nice car, it sounds great!

Looking at the on board part of the film I noticed that you move your hands on the wheel at most of the corners. Only in a couple of (faster) corners you stick to the 'quarter-to-three' position. Does this suit the car better?

John

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Likely bad driving style ;), but the car has a 1965 era steering box (no r&p) and with the bigger tires and the quick ratio steering arm and idler it is a hand full to keep good leverage with your all twisted up, but maybe my bad style (Which I'm not really aware of until now) can be improved upon! All I'm trying to do is make it around again, so if I get a bit better in the process so be it. But I love to have someone to chase down and finally pass, especially them Cobra guys :D who are sometimes a bit stuffy (no flames, some just are as are some Mustang drivers). Door slammer passing Cobra = :eek:

You should see how tangled up I get on the smaller track with my hands...

Sandy

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Terrific stuff Sandy, I love your split screen set up and the cameras were really stable, hardly any vibration. It looked like your car has heaps of grunt and was eating the others.
I must say it was all very polite. Was it a track day like we sometimes have over here where you are only allowed pass on the straight? I.E. No passing into the corners.
Terrific stuff.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Pete is was the Cobra Club Event and it was passing only on the 2 straights. So it was a friendly event for most. Lots of fun for me since I'm not so skilled as the more competitive racers but still get it around the course. In reality it is a very easy car to drive, you can get it to the edge and it behaves very predictively. Only had it off roading one time ;)

The videos are fun to watch and you can see all kinds of stuff that is just bad line or bad driving. The cameras are just 2 bullet cam's mounted on a insulated camera mount. Ron's mounting of the bullet cam hard to the roll bar actually had less shaking, so I'm going to change the mount and see how that looks. The split screen was some simple editing with Sony's Vegas software from the 2 recorders, and I would love to have one more camera and ChaseCam recorder for the backwards shot, but it is a lot of $$.

Need to get some video in another car, but that is not close yet ;)

Sandy

Howard Jones

Supporter
Sandy, If I send you a DVD of my track time at the WSCB can you help me get some of it on here? I don't know enough about video editing to do this myself and by the time I figure it out it will be Christmas.

I have about a hour of track time and some of it is pretty good. Lots of passes on cobras and a cool 125mph spin!

Howard.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I can help just get me the video. The one issue is that your limited to about 100 meg of data after compression. That is good for about 20min or so of reasonable video. That being said, a friend of mine has just started a car site and I can toss the video up on that as well, that's where I started posting my stuff, just much simpler and a car only site so better. I have posted about 70 of my odd collection of videos that I had captured over the years (not all my car). But shoot me an email and I'll help get you going. Send me a PM if you don't have it.

Sandy
P.s. Almost forgot the site is Motorator - Yours to Build and it's just starting out, but a nice simple place to host videos.

Back