VIR July 31- Aug 1

I have signed up with NASA to run at their High Performance Driving Experience (HPDE) at VIR the last weekend of July. Those of you with completed cars and who are in the area should cosider this track event. They are running on the north course, and the cost is $299. www.nasaproracing.com go to "virginia" chapter events.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Gary,

Not sure if my car will be done or not. It will be very close, but either way, I'll come up for sure. VIR is only about an hour and a half from my house.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you there.

Regards,
Lynn

What is NASA's safety requirements for a GT40 "kit" car to be in a HPDE event? Do they require a rollbar?

No. The HPDE allow street cars to be able to get track time, and driver training. As long as the car is street legal plus add a catch can for overflow they are legal. If you hunt around on the site you will find the HPDE vehicle check list for inspection, etc.

In talking to the SE director, he said they were considering discounting the first year guys as an introduction. They also will give credit toward events if you will consider working the track as a corner guy or whatever you can for them. At least at Road Atlanta. Check with them. Good way to get free track time. Make sure your car is sorted out as they will give instruction only, not suspension setup advice.
Bill

Forgot to mention that NASA is meeting at Road Atlanta this next weekend. Anyone going let me know. Might be working there for the free track time.
Bill

Had a great weekend. Posted new photos on my website. I highly recommend the NASA driving schools. They are a bargain at $300 for a two days of on track at 75 minutes per day. The beginner and novice classes have instructors riding with you. The instructors typically will take you for a session in their cars. Good fun. Next event in the east is at Summit Point Raceway in September.

Attachments

• 41777-NASA_VIR_07_04.jpg
    41777-NASA_VIR_07_04.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 192
Back