Wanted: Audi 016 trans

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Having a hard time finding a suitable gearbox in the Northwest. Anyone have one available or willing to pick one for me?

Neal,

There's a 016 trans (5N) here in portland. They want $545 for it. I'm not getting it because I think I can find one for half that.

Have fun!

John

I talked to a guy up here in Vancouver B.C. who had 1 a week ago for $200 cdn out of a diesel, I don't know the condition but i can try and find his # if you like

Neal

They go for $ 250 to $ 300 in the Northeast.
Even from normal wreckers specializing in Audi. So you don't need to pay $ 500.

I'll bet there are a bunch in California.
Ask a local wrecker to get you Audi contacts
over the wire. Shipping from CA can't be much

MikeDD

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Send that number my way Eric. It's worth a quick trip to BC. $200 Canadian is about $30US
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

I'll track it down today. If you want I can pick it up for you and you can get it whenever you are in the neibourhood or if i'm heading that way i could drop it off.

Neal,

MIKEDD and I both agree...hold out for the $200 range. I received an email from Mark Clapp who has an 016 in his MKI. Mark thinks the $500+ price is a rip off. He also says he thinks there's no difference between the gas and the diesel models. I did look at the 016
last saturday and it is quite sturdy looking.

Let us know what you end up with. I'll patiently wait for mine to be found.

Have fun!

John

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: John Stone ]

Eric,

Have you had the opportunity to see #1024, MKI with the #40 on it? It's somewhere in your neck of the woods.

I saw that one get wrecked (nothing major, fortunately) at PIR in Portland. I sat in it earlier and took measurements off the seats and dash.

Have fun!

John

I have heard rumors from various people about "a gt40 in someones back yard in North Vancouver" but no one can remember where exactly.....I have definately tried to find it no luck.....any hints?

As for the difference between deisel and gas trannys i think the gear ratios are different (taller gears in deisel) but other than that they are identical.

Back