Weight of new (monocoque) RCR car?

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but what is the wet curb weight for the RCR40 monocoque chassis car, sans driver?

I did do a search on the forums, however didn't find any weights for the RCR cars.

TIA,

John

With the extensive use of aluminum in the RCR cars, I'm also interested in this question. But I don't think we'll have an answer until Bill or Ron or somebody completes the first RCR build.

Ron McCall

Supporter
I'm trying! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I would guess that my car with a Yates headed small block /ZF should weigh right at #2000-#2100.
I will know in a few months.

You tell me next month after you have taken delivery of yours..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif....ooops cats out of the bag

[ QUOTE ]
I can tell you that the new RCR-P is WELL under 2000lbs with a V8/Audi trans ...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Fran!
Yes it's me still rattling around out here in the peanut gallery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif

So what Engine and what Audi Transmission? I thought this P car was supposed to be a Sidewinder? Or are you using an Audi sidewinder tranny? Ever since I saw the Cudzu at the shop Ive been dying to see the finished car. Hope the body has been updated looks wise a bit, seems like from the drawing it has.

(Oh ya, forgot to ask, what makes the P car so much lighter than the current RCR?, or is it lighter?)

Was considering flying out to the unvieling but alas it conflicts with my yearly 18 hour drive to southeast Utah and DIRT BIKE RIDING on some of the most spectacular landscapes in the world.

You should come out, but then I guess your busy that weekend huh?

(Fran is a former motorcycle roadracer)

Rob
(current motorcycle roadracer)

Rob,
in an earlier post I commented that we will ahve the car at Carlilse with a GM Ecotec engine but there may well be a V8 there as well.
The body has very little resemblence to the Kudzu...there are no surfaces left untouched..

Regards to weight ......simplicity.....but the regular RCR cars tip the scales close to 2000lbs in track trim.

Enjoy the riding

Fran,
I am actually still going to try and weasle my way out for Sunday in Carlisle, then off to Indiana on Monday to earn some toy money. Gunna be a tight schedule....

More directly - what V8 are you installing in the P car that 'might' be there and which Audi transmission are you using? Is it inline or transverse?

If you don't mind maybe wee could get a contest going to name your original designs (as opposed to your replicas)!

"Hey that is one bad ass car, what is it? a Mclaren, a Lola?"
"Uh, no, its a Race Car Replica Prototype "
"A what?"

"Oh, I meant a 'Hall' Prototype"

Just sounds more uh, authentic?

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
I don't know, it could lead to some confusion:

"I'll take one of them there "Hall" prototypes..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You mean the new Hall or the old Hall?

Attachments

• 81071-untitled.JPG
    81071-untitled.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 760
Nice idea Rob but I cannot take all the credit ...
I have some very talented guys working for RCR ....

Mike Moore another Brit...retired Head of Styling for Jeep
Brad Reese ...prototype and F/glass guru
Dan Eikhoff...CAD/CNC
Bill Vanderwill...sheetmetal man
Mark Montayne...tech/assembler
Arnie Smith...Mr. B.I.G...(dont ask)
To name just a few.....

We are a team and all have input ...but I like RCR-P for now...and I am the Boss.... .so there

Last edited:
Rob....

SBC or SBF ..maybe LS1..Toyota V8....
Audi O16 or G50 ....lots of room...lots of choices.....V6 longitudinal or transverse...inline 4cyl... etc etc etc....

Whatever's your poison.....

wessimmons said:
hey fran...how about a 4.6L DOHC ford??? ok, just joking.
wes

Hi Wes,
Thank you for the response that first PM I sent you (I understand, no problems with the delayed response), then I responded back. Did you get that mail? Sorry for the public question but just checking that 'we' are getting the mail. I look forward to speaking with you.

OBTW: What is the weight of that Cammer engine? I was reading some numbers that claimed it was a HEFTY engine? Which doesnt make a whole lotta sense considering its all aluminum..... so what weight is it?

Rob

Mesa said:
OBTW: What is the weight of that Cammer engine? I was reading some numbers that claimed it was a HEFTY engine? Which doesnt make a whole lotta sense considering its all aluminum..... so what weight is it?

Rob

Fully dressed DOHC aluminum block is around 600 lbs

Rob......
sorry no emails.....
try me on gt40fran at wideopenwest.com....

4.6 hefty yes ....big yes.....will it fit...yes......why.... I dont know...sorry Wes....

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ouch 600lbs! That sounds very high, but then again, 3 extra cams ;) can add up.

I think Gary (CCX33911) came up the number with about 467lbs for an alum head iron 351w, and the 347 in my car should be about 100lbs less. I'll guess that is less accessories in our case, but I'll guess you can add a lot of them given the weight difference!

Just get the 4 Cam looking valve covers on a SBF and you would be cooking (Just Kidding!!)

Sandy

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
FWIW, the 4.0l aluminum Lexus V8 weighs in around 450-465 lbs, with the usual accessories. It's a DOHC, 4v design like the Ford 4.6, but more compact, and quite a bit lighter.

And no OEM logos on the cam covers. They're imprinted with "V8 Four Cam 32V". For a stealth look, blank covers are a doddle to make.

John

Attachments

• 1UZ-FE+on+dyno.jpg
    1UZ-FE+on+dyno.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 695
Just weighed my 351W with Brodix Neal 200 NASCAR heads. Full long block with water pump, flywheel, clutch, distributor, starter, intake and carb -- 450 lbs.

Oh, did I mention it has an aluminum block? ;-)

Back