What chassis# on yellow MkI

From the little that is shown, it does look like 1060 which was burnt out many years ago. It was rebuilt using some of he original chassis.

Regards,

Graham.

1060 used to come to the Monterey vintage races each year but that was many years ago. From the pictures I have of it, this appears to be 1060. It's clearly not a Safir and not an SPF.

Graham according to Ronnie Spains book it was rebuilt by Jim Toensingght the wreck from Dr Arterberry the owner of the fire damaged wreck in 1979..

It's clearly not a Safir and not an SPF.

I agree with you 100% that you can see this just from looking at it, I did as well, but to be candid I don't know why I can tell. Having looked at real and replica cars for years the GT40s built in the 60's look different than a replica today. I don't know if it is the patina of the wheels, the ride height, the paint weathering/tint, etc.. aka, I know what looks real vs not but I am rarely sure why.

ERAs, Gelscoe, the fantastic Jimmymac & Alistair, and a few others on this site cars for whatever reason to me offer the "closest" look to the GT40s from the 60s... and I used to own an SPF and dream of buying another.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
From the little that is shown, it does look like 1060 which was burnt out many years ago. It was rebuilt using some of he original chassis.

Regards,

Graham.

Thanks for the hint.....
Pictures from:
GT40 25th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION & REUNION September 8th-10th, 1989
Pictures states: P/1060 owned by Brett MacKinnon.
In the Video around 7:35 a "Brett" is mentioned as the owner.

Could be that very same car - no proof, but I could not find a detail which does not match (besides tires and numbering)

Btw Pictures from:

The Youtube says "Brett, the owner" . I would conclude from that and the picture at the glen it is 1060. Same sill striped, same mirrors in same location. The car was always no. 60 but at the glen, a different car carried no. 60 so they must have changed to 61 for the event. I find it interesting the car has no cooling fans and he drove it regardless on the street.
1060 Glen.png

Back