What make of GT-40 is this?

Please review the attached pictures and identify from the attached pictures. Is this an ERA?

Last edited:
Hi Bud, I'm pretty sure all ERAs had monocoques. Also, the b-piller in picture three looks like it has the hard body line that leads to the top rear corner of the window like GTDs have.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
A process of elimination I guess..... spaceframe is similar to my KVA but has some distinct differences. Suspension is very different.

I haven't seen one in a long time but it may be an Integrity chassis. If I remember correctly they were sold and became another company for a short time.
Cheers
Phil

Bud, I realize this is my first post but I saw this car a couple years ago and was told it was a Sabre. It did have a strut rod going across the footbox connecting the top of the two front shocks. As I see the mounts are still there for it. I think the chassis panels were ceramic coated with Lizard Skin.
The car's body work was pretty much complete with gulf flares and the liscense plate area filled in for the size of a U.S. plate.
Hope this helps

Bud:
I think Sean is correct, if I remember correctly Integrity sold everything to Sabre. I believe the Integrity chassis was based on them buying everything KVA had back in the 80's. The car was updated to Corvette suspension (Maybe C-4) and there are still a few out there. Its possible there is at least one forum member that has one if memory serves me correctly.
Good luck
Phil

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Although I refer to my car as a KVA it is more correctly a 1993 Infinity Coachworks/Sabre.

Compared to the car pictured there are some subtle differences between that and my car, but that doesn't rule out it being the same make.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. The suspension has me puzzeled. I don't recognize it. It doesn't look loke Corvette, so I don't think it is a Saber. Any other thoughts out there?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the help guys. The suspension has me puzzeled. I don't recognize it. It doesn't look loke Corvette, so I don't think it is a Saber. Any other thoughts out there?

Definitely not Corvette..

The front knuckle looks like it was once for a car with a strut as it has an adapter for the upper ball joint. The control arms are not OEM from anything I've ever seen - they too look fabricated.

Good question!

Back