What the heck is it?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"Page Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
  • Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
  • Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet. "

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Could it be one of the V-8 Archie Fierro based offerings?

Agreed...looks grotesquely misshapen. :thumbsdown:

Cheers????

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Could it be one of the V-8 Archie Fierro based offerings?

Agreed...looks grotesquely misshapen. :thumbsdown:

Cheers????

Doug

The V8 Archie did not look that bad...

I'm thinking it may be one of the poorly executed Lone Star 40 (LS40) offerings with the Ford Focus engine/transaxle in the rear...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The V8 Archie did not look that bad...

I'm thinking it may be one of the poorly executed Lone Star 40 (LS40) offerings with the Ford Focus engine/transaxle in the rear...

I went by Lone Star in Fort Worth about 10 years ago to investigate their GT40 replica (not the one with the Ford Focus drivetrain). I wandered in to their building and wandered around for about 30 minutes before anyone even greeted me. When I told them what I wanted to see they directed me to their office where I was informed that they had an example in a trailer on-site. I followed the individual to the semi-trailer where the replica was being stored and could only view it from behind, as there was no room to get by on the sides. It looked like almost any other GT40 replica...even better than some such as the Valkyrie by Fiberfab...had a SBF with BOS exhaust that I could see through the rear window.

When I started asking questions about the possibility of getting one from them, they started mumbling and it was obvious that they were not interested in producing one for me.

Very quickly after that they introduced the Focus variation, but I did not get to see one of them.

Needless to say, I was not impressed with the company...but I guess they are selling enough Cobra replicas to stay in business.

If what we see in that video clip IS their Focus based model...well, let's just say I hope it wasn't one of their better sellers, although I must admit that I think there IS a market for a transverse engine/transaxle mid-engined replica in the market...perhaps one of the various Dino replicas (the Kelmark/Magnum variations come to mind). The transverse V-6/automatic transaxle in my Honda Accord is very compact and has quite acceptable performance in stock form...and, of course, there is incredible aftermarket support for the Hondas, so increased performance is just a pen and a checkbook away.

Cheers!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Actually this does not look like the LS40 we saw roughly 10 years ago.. I believe that the LS40 was a MK1 clone and this looks to be a MK2?
The V8 Archies GT4T is also a MK1 clone..
Here is the one from the video.. Watching the video, I see the rear clip moving a bit.. If those clasps let go, there will be a large parachute deployed behind the car...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 261

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ya it's a Fiero. I have seen some very well done versions of this in the past. They can be completed to a pretty high standard with the V6 power train the Fireo had. Nice car for some people I guess and require the same commitment to complete well that any "kit" does. This one looks like it has been ridden hard and put away wet once too often.

To each their own, I personally don't like the shape required to use a Fiero unibody.

Pat

Supporter
They've done some pretty nifty stuff to the Fiero chassis. This one has somewhat of a power enhancement.

Attachments

• PC170101.jpg
    PC170101.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 226
  • PC170102.jpg
    PC170102.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 284

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pat that is a pretty serious Fiero!

Then there are the Junkyard Dog swaps...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 288

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
OMG Paul, that thing's as homely as the week is long.....

Back