What wiper set up in USA

What winshield wiper setup is available here in the US? Did a search and found mention of a type 6 Lucas for the motor but I need the whole unit and would like to get something easily found here.

Richard, not cheap but these guys offer a complete kit.
Specialty Power Wiper Kit

Also, It is not too difficult to fit a Lucas motor and the little gearbox that mounts on the cowling, a lot of those parts are readily available, and the motor drive can be as far as 6 feet from the wiper, the problem is finding the correct sweep motor.
I think my motor might be from a Jag, not sure, but once you find the stuff Napa has the universal wiper arm kit that will match the splines on the drive hub.
Try these guys for some of the loose parts, might need to do a bit of searching its a big catalog.
MG, Triumph, Austin Healey, Sunbeam Parts & Accessories - Victoria British, Ltd.
Good luck
Phil

Thanks Jack and Phil,

This gives me somewhere to start. I will look at these folks and see where it leads me.

Richard

Richard, although I will use the marine unit (nice) on the SL-C, it may not fit under the cowling of the '40. I would be interested to learn if it does though. The cable driven types are more period correct too.

Thanks for the info guys. At this point I'm leaning toward the marine option. Our local West Marine store may have something on the shelf I could test fit.

Thanks to all

Richard

Back