What's your top ten driving music play list

I have been compiling my Ipod which allows me to plug into my car 20,000 music tracks, whilst putting together my driving play list I was wondered what you guys listen to?
This would give world wide suggestions that may not be readily known in our own countries but available on ITunes.
By the way I am 53 and my coice is unusual.

1: Just Another Day 5:27 Jon Secada Jon Secada Pop 40

2: Rakkauden muistomerkki (Twist In My Sobriety) 3:46 Anneli Mattila Laulun Lahjan Sain Pop 100 3 05/08/2007 10:04

3: Lily Was Here 5:23 Candy Dulfer Candy Dulfer Live In Amsterdam Jazz 100 5 05/08/2007 10:10

4: 7 Seconds 4:59 Neneh Cherry Man Hip-Hop/Rap 80 1 03/08/2007 21:59

5: Wade in the Water 3:29 Ramsey Lewis Chess Soul - A Decade of Chicago's Finest R&B/Soul 80 2 03/08/2007 12:19

6: On the Road Again 4:56 Canned Heat The Very Best of Canned Heat Blues 100 5 03/08/2007 09:52

7: I Feel Love 5:52 Donna Summer 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: Best of Donna Summer R&B/Soul 40 4 03/08/2007 12:46

8: The Girl from Ipanema 3:39 Astrud Gilberto it's Cool Pop 4 04/07/2007 02:04

9: La Tortura [Alternate Version]

10: Spooky 2:35 Dusty Springfield Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels Soundtrack 18 30/07/2007 14:00

Gosh young Chris there's more to you than meets the eye. Well at 62 here are my ten in no particular order, read and weep!!!

1. The Lark Ascending Elgar
  2. Lawdy Miss Clawdy Elvis Presley
  3. Mars Elgar
  4. Bohemian Rhapsody Queen
  5. There's a small hotel Ella Fitzgerald
  6. La Vie en Rose Louis Armstrong
  7. The Waterfront John Lee Hooker
  8. Weep no more my baby Al Bowly
  9. Sioux and the Banshees Peek a Boo
  10. Inkanyezi Nezazi Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Well thats todays, I'm sure tomorrows would be different ad infinitum.....

Well not quite infinitum, apperently that's the day after forever:rolleyes:

John

Chris:
Nice, a finnish song in second place :) "Rakkauden muistomerkki" is in english "monument of love".

My list for driving:

1) Born to die in Berlin, Ramones
2) Scattergun, Ramones
3) Creature of black leather lagoon, Cramps :rolleyes:
4) Das Model, Rammstein
5) Slow Down, Meteors
6-10) anything from G. Thorogood, Ramones or Neil Young

Yes, I know, 41 years and i still need professional help :eek:
But I think I have good taste for Cars.

Hi,
Cant listen to any music in the car as the induction roar is just so loud.... and sounds so sweet! Wouldn't want to spoil the sound of a V8.

Jerry

Hi Guys

I use to be a Jet engine technician and was involved in the ground running and testing of engines, whilst I was doing testing I didn't listen to music but afterwards I did and what's more I also had a system in my GT40 which was great when driving to Le Mans and back. I also know that radios have been fitted to original cars, but this thread is about you guys choice of music to see if we also share a similar music choice.

Regards

Chris.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
OK - straight from my play list.
U2
Cream
Thin Lizzy
Who
Guns N Roses
ZZ Top
Black Crows
Led Zeppelin
AC DC
Van Halen
The Cult

hi Jim

there you go, it show your a heavy metal rocker as well as a heavy metal GT40 owner. I also go with 8 out of your 10 choices.

regards

Chris.

HILLY

Supporter
You will need a bigger Ipod Chris.
At least 8 of the 10 plus....
Def Leppard
Green Day
Police
Pink Floyd
Steve Miller
Talking Heads
Peter Gabriel
Metallica
Midnight Oil
Offspring
INXS
Mr E Webers 8th Symphony

More than ten...Better stop now.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
There's this fantastic group - sort of old-school but I love them - maybe you've heard of them before;

V8 and the 180s

:)

That's all the music my ears need....

Hmmm. Depends what i'm driving. If its the family car, something chilled and relaxing like Ian Brown's album Solarised or some Oasis. If i'm on the way to work something to gear me up like Gun's n Roses or a bit of House or Trance music.
If i'm out in my weekend car, Definately love 'Spool up' by T4 Turbo, 'Singin along at 22psi' By Renault Engine, 'Compressor surge' By External Wastegate and 'Scare all the pedestrians' by Screamer pipe and the flames....;)

Wow, talk about insight into who we really are! Here's mine (I'm 50):

1. I'm so Afraid by Fleetwood Mac (this song is for that long dark drive at night)
2. Wake me when September Ends by Green Day
3. Zombie by the Cranberries
4. Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain
5. War Pigs by Black Sabbath
6. Vasoline by Stone Temple Pilots
7. Black Dog by Led Zepplin
8. Lake of Fire by Nirvana
9. Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf
10. Baracuda by Heart

When I know I am going on a road trip (or working in the shop for that matter), I plug in Frankie Yankovic (German Polka Band), or ABBA (Everyone knows ABBA), or the Moody Blues (Everyone know the Moody Blues). These bands have multiple top ten hits, and I never get tired of hearing them over and over.

If I decide to expand my listening pleasure, I have quite a selection of music from about 1964 to 1974 in both rock & roll and country that I can plug in to keep me going for many, many hours.

Best hit = "I know you are out there somewhere" by the Moody Blues

for me right now -

Elvis Costello - old stuff any and all of it
The English Beat - Special Beat Service (just saw them Sat Night)
Some older Jethro Tull (Teacher, Cross Eyed Mary, Thick as a Brick, etc)
Green Day - any
The Pretenders - the usual
Concrete Blonde
Janes Addition - Just Because
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Pearl Jam - Ten
B52s - Cosmic Thing
The Cranberries - Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
Van Halen - Jamie's Cryin
Red Hot Chili Peppers - several

Ladies and Gentlemen, your oddball list...enjoy.

1- How rapid is rapid? (How quick is quick?) :Art of Noise (I have yet to find a digital copy of this one, I had it on a cassette that was stolen for obvious reasons. Everyone needs this tune. The album is called "In no sense? Nonsense!")
2- Talking Loud and saying Nothing : Living Colour version
3- Tweezer Reprise : Phish
4- Driving South : Jimi Hendrix (and the Band of Gypsys?)
5- Contact : Phish*
6- Sex Machine : James Brown
7- Itty Bitty Pretty one: Screaming Jay Hawkins
8- Never Break the Chain : Fleetwood Mack
9 - Go Outside and Drive - Blues Traveller
10 - RIDE OR DIE! - DMX.

Obviously, I like music with a real 'base' to keep the mind on the road. Nothing to melodious or down-tempo. Failing this list, I would have exclusively orchestral classical music.

*It's not your headlights in front, your tailpipe in back, or the skylight above you. It's the way that you cling to the road when the wind tries to shove you. I'd never go driving away, and come back home without you.

Back