Wheel size for Kuhmo tyres

I`m sure someone has been here before, I am using Kuhmo KU36 tyres on my car and would like some thoughts on width of wheels.
The front is 245/40-17 which measures up as 8.75" between where the bead will sit on the rim, and rears 285/40-17 which measures as 9.75" between bead. On the Kuhmo site they specify the front rim size as from 8" to 9.5" wide, and the rear as 9.5" to 11.0"
The wheels I want to use are available in widths of; 8",9",9.5" and 11" which would be best?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Steve

I`m sure someone has been here before, I am using Kuhmo KU36 tyres on my car and would like some thoughts on width of wheels.
The front is 245/40-17 which measures up as 8.75" between where the bead will sit on the rim, and rears 285/40-17 which measures as 9.75" between bead. On the Kuhmo site they specify the front rim size as from 8" to 9.5" wide, and the rear as 9.5" to 11.0"
The wheels I want to use are available in widths of; 8",9",9.5" and 11" which would be best?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Steve

Rims are actually 1 inch wider than their nominal width lip to lip. I like to use wheels the same actual width as the nominal width of the tyre. Add one inch to the rims you are considering and convert to mm then go for the closest match. Eg 245 works good on an 8.5 inch rim, 285 on 10. Given the choices you have available 8 and 9.5 would be fine I think if this is mainly a road driven machine.

Cheers, Andrew

Back