Which kit is worth my money?

Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to know if you can help me out. Which kit should I buy? Which is most best value for money? Because I've seen a lot of variations and don't know what to thrust. (I'm looking on the 35-45k £)
Thanks
Geri

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
A second hand GTD or Tornado. At that value. take it apart and do modifications you want / need.
to build a full car now you would be £50 to £60k including paint. Doing the Labour yourself.

Join the enthusiasts club, visit members crawl over their cars and decide what fits your needs, what you must have, what you don’t want.etc.

just my2c worth

ian

Chris Kouba

Supporter
That's a loaded questions Geri. It all depends...

What are you looking for? Some kits require fabrication and parts sourcing, some are all-inclusive. Are you looking to build it or have it built? What's your level of mechanical comfort? Do you like to do bodywork (and are you good at it?)? What compromises are you willing to make?

Figure out those answers and in the meantime, and Ian suggests, crawl over as many as you possibly can from different vendors to get a feel for what each one has to offer and the quality of their final product. Your answers may change as you explore, or they may just confirm what you're already thinking.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Geri,

It would be helpful if you could post.....
What level of orginality you are aiming for.
Say where you are based.
What skill level you have and what facilities you have available.
What sort of timescale you envisage.
What you want to do with the car.

This would help in pointing you in the right direction. Check out some build logs.
Also join the GT40 Enthusiasts Club and meet up with your local members. They will have cars to look at and lots of knowledge and experience.
If you send me a message with your location and email I will send you the contact details of your local organiser.
The UK usual suspects are
Tornado Sports Cars
Southern GT
GTForte
GTRacing

Message-sent. See top right of page when logged in.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks guys for the kindness. I'm based in Hungary, and really just gathering info. This is a long project for me. I'm not looking for 100% originality since I would like a LHD car with shifter in middle, and possibly AC. The car would be used on track days and on public roads too, and an other important thing is my height. I'm 195-196cms tall so I ave to fit in it :D a lowered floorpan and a special seat is a must, since I don't like the look of the roof bubbles. I think thats all I know for now!
Thanks again guys!
Geri

Back