Who is planning on going to Run and Gun in St. Louis

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
This presents a dilemma for those of us in Chicago. The 30th annual Northwoods Shelby Club open track event is at Road America during the same weekend - anyone going there (besides me?) http://www.nwshelbyclub.com The featured car is the Ford GT, although I don't see any registered yet. I suspect some will show but not run.

Al H.

Hi Dan,
Robert and I will be there with my GT. Jerry is also coming with his GT and I believe Phil may be there too. Rolf has said that he will be there even if his car isn't ready.
I'm in hopes of two other RF guys showing up with their GT's.
Thanks for posting the link to the R&G.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Al,
You could come down to R&G for the 25th which is the first day of compitition then head back for the rest of the Shelbyfest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Hersh,

Sounds like a plan - It would be great to meet you in person. It's only 3 or so hours from my house so I'll see you there on the 25th.

Best Regards,

Al

I would like to be there on Fri also, but I have a question. Is this event open to spectators or just partisapants? I called the info #'s on the Run & Gun site but was not able to get in touch with anyone this evening.

Hey Dan,
Spectators are welcome and they can come and walk through the pits and visit with the guys that are competing.
I hope you get to come so I can meet you in person.

I'M THERE! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting a good look at a finished car. I'm bring my camera with fully charged batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hersh dont the visitors get comp beers from the RF folks at the track ? You may have to call Dan and me the double d's ,lol; Hey speaking of which are any of the Bills going to show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif? Also ,, are any CAV's going to be there, how bout ERA's and I would think it would be great if Fran could head south with a RCR chassis too . Chime in guys ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan,
I'll be glad to supply the libations. This is one fun place to be. You get more track time for the money than you can stand. I wish alot of GTs would show up. I don't care what the manufacturer. It's getting to know the people behind the scenes that really matters. We share stories and help each other. That's what it's about. I look forward to this event more than any other just because of the friends I make and the fun I have.

Well, Due to the inability to plan anything during the summer in Fla, I won't be able to attend the Run & Gun tomorrow. ONCE AGAIN I find myself preparing for a hurricane. There were just to many complications. The good news is it's not supposed to rip us apart, just dump about 10" of rain, and a little wind.

I was really looking forward to coming out and meeting everyone and see the finished cars first hand. I guess I'll have to wait for the next get together...

Ron Earp

Admin
Can't go either, thought I'd make it, but I forgot I planned a MN trip/vacation a month ago - man things keep sneeking up on me!

R

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
A few photos from this morning. It was great to talk with the Roaring Forties team as well as other "expectant fathers" and current owners.

Regards,

Al H.

Attachments

• 63611-DSCF0203-3.jpg
    63611-DSCF0203-3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 221

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Why no action shots? - here's one of the weather & track conditions once the rain stopped. At one point it was raining so hard on the roof of the pit garages you could not hear someone talking one foot away from your ear!

Al

Attachments

• 63616-DSCF0214.jpg
    63616-DSCF0214.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 216

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Al,

Great to meet up with you and John today. Dan is due in here at our hotel in a few minutes (actually he is late).

For the record I believe we are FIRST and SECOND in our class after the autocross section. Tommorow is the road coarse and the REAL fun will start. I hope the rain stays away but I know that Hersh is a "good mudder".

This is one great event and I hope to see more and more GT40 owners come next year. I just love to see the face of those Cobra owners when our little cars just leave them for DEAD. Hersh recons that I am sturring the pot a little. Maybe !!!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

Back