Who's SLC is this in NOVA???

Ron McCall

Supporter
This showed up at a Northern VA C&C on Saturday. From what I understand,it was VERY well received!!!
Who's is it?

Attachments

• IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,243
  • IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 675
I brought that car to the C&C because I thought it would be a fun thing- and draw attention it did! There was always a crowd of fascinated people around it, all of whom were very complimentary about it. Most didn't know what it was, though several people had been following the Stacey David Gearz show and recognized it immediately. Probably helped that it was the same color as the show car...

Most common questions: What is it? What engine does it have? How much does it weigh?

Funniest questions: Is that a Saleen? Is that a Ferrari? Are you giving test rides?

The car belongs to another person who will get delivery of it soon.

Ron,
Where did you get these pictures from?

Nice to see another street SLC out and about, looks good in a painted red. Sorry Will that I could not drop by for a ride.

Cam, now you have a little competition :) Although I'm sure you will not be running into this one at your local C+C in the future.

Wow! What a beautiful car; I love that color on that body shape.

Where abouts was that picture taken in Virginia? It looks so familiar, but I can't place it...lived out there from 2007-2008.

Thanks for sharing those pictures.

-HJ

Wow! What a beautiful car; I love that color on that body shape.

Where abouts was that picture taken in Virginia? It looks so familiar, but I can't place it...lived out there from 2007-2008.

Thanks for sharing those pictures.

-HJ

The C&C is held in Great Falls, VA, near Katie's Coffee house.

The C&C is held in Great Falls, VA, near Katie's Coffee house.

Aha. Thanks for that clarification. I see elsewhere that the C&C is held every Saturday 7AM to 9AM-ish with upwards of 150 cars normally? I'm definitely looking that place up the next time I'm out there.

-HJ

Hello Will,
Do you have a pic from the front I'll like to see how the mirrors look. I wasn't a fan of the hippo ears but these look good are they the one's Fran is offering?
Cheers,

Yep...and they actually look really quite cool

Yes, they do. I was skeptical of them when under development, but in real life, they look good. Mounted where they are, you get a real good view of what's behind you (at least from the left- I haven't gotten the right mirror adjusted to my driving position yet).

As Fran has said, when in black, they tend to fade into the daylight opening and not look so prominent.

They are smaller than I expected, and in a scale that works with the rest of the car.

Wow, I've been lurking on here for months and never knew anyone had one in VA. I am down south of Richmond, but if this ever ends up going to a car show again, I will drop everything and make the 3.5 hour drive up there on a Saturday morning to see it.

I'd be building one myself if it wasn't for my wife wanting to move into a bigger house this fall, and us having to sell our current one at a loss. Its probably going to be a year or two before I can start. I was considering an Ultima GTR, but I prefer the look of the SLC, where its made, and the fact that Mr. Hall is so active in the community.

Got any more pics? That is definitely a great paint & wheel color combo!

Here are a couple of pics that show the new mirrors.

From the front:

IMG_0867.jpg

Closeup:

IMG_0866.jpg

Rear view:

IMG_0868.jpg

I know this isn't news, but the car draws attention like flies to honey. All the neighbors thought I was a baller until I explained that it really wasn't my car...:lipsrsealed:

I know this isn't news, but the car draws attention like flies to honey. All the neighbors thought I was a baller until I explained that it really wasn't my car...:lipsrsealed:

Intermediary? That area of VA is chalk-full of Porsches and other Supercars. Is that a weird angle or a massive panel gap on the driver's door in the first picture?

These thoughts occurred to me last night as I re-watched one of the Gearz episodes that showed the red SL-C in the background as Stacey worked on a Ford truck's exhaust:

1) Is that the car that was actually built by Gearz???

2) What are they doing with that car when it is finished??? It would be swell if they had a sweepstakes and gave it to one lucky fan, ehhh?

-HJ

This isn't Stacey's car- his has a different drivetrain, etc.

I don't know what he will do with the car when it is done- maybe do the Hot Rod Power Tour? :)

Back