Width of GM LS or LT throttle pedal

Joel K

Supporter
Hi everyone, looking for a little assistance.

Can anyone provide a measurement of the width of a GM accelerator pedal assembly as installed on the Tilton pedal assembly with the supplied RCR bracket?

See the attached picture, would like to know the width including the mounting screws. Just wondering how close to the right I can mount the pedal assembly. Not ready to drill holes, but just trying to get a sense of where things will line up. Here is a pic showing the measurement I’m looking for...

20930F69-6009-4A8E-A76E-04F0D76B0CA7.jpeg

Thanks for the help!

Are you trying to move your pedals to the right as far as possible? You can toss the bracket and mount the GM pedal on the footbox if that helps you any.

Joel K

Supporter
Are you trying to move your pedals to the right as far as possible? You can toss the bracket and mount the GM pedal on the footbox if that helps you any.

Thanks Cam, I noticed your location and also Ken’s which is right behind the pedal. I don’t have my ECU and GM pedal yet, but right now I think the pedal feels right at about 1-1.5” from the right side of the footbox and wonder if this bracket will work. Just looking at various pictures I think I would need 2 inches of clearance on the right side.

If it doesn’t, you can set the pedals as close as you want if you put the linkage toward the inboard side of the pedal and mount the GM sensor on the footbox wall.

KLebON7.jpg

If you’re planning to put any panels or carpeting to the right of the pedal be sure to account for that before drilling holes. I added an aluminum plate, sound damper, heat insulation, and carpeting on that face. I suspect that center brace can get pretty toasty if your chassis gets heat soaked.

Back