Wings and Wheels 29th August

Am I right in assuming that the club has a stand at this event on Sunday 29th August?
If so, who is going?

Is anyone going on the Monday instead/ aswell?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Chris

I'm not sure about a stand
I sent in an application ages ago and have heard nothing since.
Has anyone had any confirmation of dats track runs etc?

Ian

Hi Ian,

I'm currently still waiting to see if I have a place, fingers crossed I did call the guy a Brooklands as my entry was late and he didn’t see that as an issue.

So hopefully see you there.

Chris.

Chris

I'm not sure about a stand
I sent in an application ages ago and have heard nothing since.
Has anyone had any confirmation of dats track runs etc?

Ian

My understanding (excuse the pun) is that it is not appropriate to have a stand. We will probably have the new club flags at the event but even that is not finalised. There should be 40s there on both days and John Christian is in discussion with Brooklands (who run this event) with regards to who can go on which day.
I am sure John will update us when things are agreed.

I hope to be there for the Monday (spectating!) - does this event sell out in advance, or is it safe to buy tickets on the day? I have to finalise some plans before committing.
Mark

I'll be there on Monday with my GTD, I receivied the tickets etc on Friday. Its a really good event.

Mark, I attended last year, friends of mine just turned up on the day with no problem, other than queing to get in. This year its run over 2 days rather than 1, so should be a bit quieter.

Chris, are you running your Noble up the runway?

Jas

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
is it just a standard ticket - or are there specials for "display" motors? - how are you guys going?

is it just a standard ticket - or are there specials for "display" motors? - how are you guys going?

You have special wrist bands and car pass for the "paddock", which are valid for both days, if yours is a display car. These have now been sent out so I doubt that there would be any places left now for any extra display cars, but you could try talking to Brooklands.

Chris

Jason
Yes, I've got a pass for the runway, rather than just the static display area, so I'm intending to 'have a go' .

Hi Chris,
Planning to be there both days, weather permitting!
I believe there are quite a few of us there, John Christian has complete list if you want to email him.
See you there.

I am driving the '40 in on Sunday and flying in on Monday, but it could be vice versa as I am still awaiting my slot time and day for flying in - all weather permitting of course.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Chris

I plan to go on Sunday, but don't think I'll be able to get anywhere near the 0830 arrival time specified.
If I can't get into the motoring paddock, I won't go, so has anyone any experiences of arriving late?

I plan to go on Sunday, but don't think I'll be able to get anywhere near the 0830 arrival time specified.
If I can't get into the motoring paddock, I won't go, so has anyone any experiences of arriving late?

Hi Tony

As nobody has answered your question yet I thought I would give you a reply that may or may not be helpful. I can't give you a definitive answer as to whether they will let you into the paddock area if you arrive late but I am pretty sure they will if you have the right sticker on your windscreen. I went last year and seem to remember that some people did arrive late and got into the Paddock OK. The whole event is very laid back with a minimum of officialdom and I think all run by unpaid volunteers. There is a drivers briefing for those driving up the runway but I am confident that they will give you a personal one if you miss the main one.

Have you tried putting the question to Brooklands?

Hope to see you there.

Chris

I may not be going now.
I did a track day at Rockingham yesterday ( well, more like powerboat racing really! ) and on the way home some horrible noises started from the rear end of my car.
Hopefully it will only be a driveshaft, rather than the diff, but I certainly won't be driving it or doing high speed runs until I have sorted out the problem.

Back