Wiper Motors (Boeing Units)

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I have managed to locate 2 wiper motors and mechanisms from a Boeing aircraft

These are the same as fitted to MK2 cars except there is need to get a drive cable made to your measurements (Motor to mechanism as the Boeing uses them bolted together)

They will be in the UK in the next couple of weeks

Open to offers (My first set went within a day of making a similar post a couple of years back

Please e mail or PM if you are interested

Regards
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Oh boy what have I started?

I have had 7 people asking for these already! And I do not have them in the UK yet so cannot conirm a firm price.

Basically I do not wish to profit out of the GT40 Fraternity as so much information, and expertise has been given to me over the build and getting the car moving I feel I need to repay in some way.

The units are coming from a plane that is being scrapped but I need to pay for removal freight etc and recoup these costs.

To be fair I think I should offer these units on a first come basis and will let the people know in order who has "first dibs" on the units and the price - if they say no then I will offer to the next in line.

Now this is a certainty - in the next year or so I believe I should be able to get my hands on another 4 units - but again I cannot be more definate on dates etc.

For information on the units I refer you to my first offering (That was 2 years ago - how time flies!)

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-parts-sale/18256-boeing-wiper-motor-gearbox.html

Regards
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The 2 units arrived and for those that asked this is what is in the front of the Boeing Planes

2 wiper motors
2 mechanism gearboxes with shaft and splines
2 spline bushes (to wiper arm)
2 Wiper arms
2 Wiper blades (Not much use unless ou have a really flat window)

As you can see these units have the motor attached to the mechanism / gearbox and for a Mk2 and I believe the Mk4 there was a hort cable made (about 6 inches) to separate motor and gearbox and allow them to be fitted.

As far as I can find these units were never fitted on the MK1 and mk3 versions

Cheers
Ian

Attachments

• DSCF1930.jpg
    DSCF1930.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 480
  • DSCF1934.jpg
    DSCF1934.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 411
  • DSCF1935.jpg
    DSCF1935.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF1936.jpg
    DSCF1936.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCF1939.jpg
    DSCF1939.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCF1940.jpg
    DSCF1940.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 454
  • DSCF1941.jpg
    DSCF1941.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 414
Nice one Ian.

I brought the last pair and can confirm both the motor and gearbox are correct for the mkII.

If you are one of the lucky persons to buy these, I can modify the gearbox to give the correct sweep angle, and also supply the cable to go between the two. There are other changes required too.
Just pm me for details if required.

Regards,
John.
p.s. I'm not on here too much lately - too busy. If I don't respond straight away you now know why. I will respond though, eventually ;)

Back