Would you like to go for a ride in my SL-C?

Forecast for last weekend was for up to 18" of snow in an early season October snow storm. So I decided that I needed to get out and go for a fall foliage drive before I would need to strap some skis on. Brought along a camera to capture the sights and to give everyone an idea of what it is like to ride in one. The real fun begins just before 2 minutes and somewhere around six minutes I put on the stereo to show that it can be heard when driving.

A fall drive in a SLC - YouTube

Driving impressions:
First thing is that it handles so well and is so stable that it feels like you are going about 30 mph slower than you are. I brought along my GPS at one point to verify the speed it was saying I was going and sure enough I was going that fast.
Handling; it goes where you steer it and stays there. It's pretty effortless and you'll see in the video that there are some tight corners that were driven though at some high speeds. Haven't pushed it to the limit and I doubt I ever find it, but definitely have seen triple digits on the speedometer.
Comfort; I've taken some long drives in it and have not experienced any discomfort or fatigue. The clutch and other pedals are easily reached and activated. The steering wheel adjusts well to a comfortable position.
SPEED and ACCELERATION; in caps for a reason, by far the fasted car that I have ever driven. But it doesn't feel like it's going to get out from under me. The handling and performance far surpass my speed limit (and I like going really FAST).
FUN; I look for excuses to drive it. Like the above drive and even over the weekend I was wondering how it would handle in the snow...
Just looking at it in the garage brings me joy and driving it leaves a smile on my face for hours after.

The SLC was a great experience to build for me and it has surpassed my expectations now that I am driving it.

To answer the title question, if you're ever in the CT area let me know and I will take you for a drive.

Allan

Wow- that is a fun video, and I'm really pleased to hear you find the car so stable and confidence-inspiring.

It's funny that you validated the speedo because it seemed to be reading low!

I'm also pleased to hear about the comfort factor. While it was clear that this was always going to be a fast car, the street builders like me are very interested in having a car that is fun to drive and doesn't beat us up on road trips!

You should start charging $5 a ride. You'd get the cost of the car back pretty fast, I imagine! :)

Thanks again, Allan for sharing your car!

Looks like fun! ... although I don't think you were doing 40 in a 40 zone ;)

I neeeeeeed (Waaaaaaaaant) my engine now!

Allan, That was a nice ride. Cadley and I used to terrorize that area. Rt148 to Rt139? past Chester airport to Rt80 to Roast Meat Hill Road to Reservoir Road. I lived the opposite direction on Roast Meat Hill Road to Iron Works Road to Titus Coan Road, 2nd house on the right. If you ever get by there take a picture for me, there's a lot of me in that house. Thanks for the ride. Al

Looks like fun! ... although I don't think you were doing 40 in a 40 zone ;)

Alex I was thinking the same thing. If that was me driving a blue exotic looking car. I would have had every cop in a 10 mile radius waiting to pull me over. Its bad enough I get profiled with this
68832_439300564789_503434789_5324824_2881292_n.jpg

Allen I really think you SLC is the best I have ever seen. When I can afford to build one I will be taking some of your ideas. I also love that sound of the exhaust. Not to loud for street use. Not to quite.

Back