x pipe vs x over exhaust

Thanks to Tom and Mike who answered my first post as well as dennis olthoff and my friend fran hall we have decided to go with the traditional standard crossover 40 exhaust. We are using 2'' primary tubes into 3.5 collectors. With help from everyone we figured the diffrence in the firing orders and the layout in the collectors from 289 firing order to big block or 351w. I dont know how much diffrence if any the rotational sequence in the collector will matter, but based on the firing order and the rotation, if it creates a vortex due to the order we got it. As far as the x-pipe we will try it with the mufflers first, and it will be easy to try the x-pipe and see how it effects the sound as well as performance. The sound is the big factor, the x-pipe would have to make a huge diffrence to be used if it changes the sound in the way i expect. We were able to get about 1/2 of the mock up of the tubes today so well see.......Thanks for all the help guys...M

They are built and on the car [I will have to remove them to finish welding them] I have built headers for mustangs cobras and even several daytona coupes, I do not consider myself a rookie, but my hat goes off to any and all who have built a 40 exhaust. I sacrificed a little in some lengths due to lack of space but we are pleased with the outcome. I will see if I can figure out how to post some photos. 1 down with 2 to go, thanks for all of the help.........M

Back