Xtreme Classics' New Sill Extensions

Xtreme Classics\' New Sill Extensions

Carbon Fiber rocker panel sill extensions for your GT40?

Blasphemy?

1stdrive3-640.jpg

You decide.

These little sweeties can be purchased for $750 USD (pair) with a 10% racer discount. They fit ERA, GTD, CAV, and RFGT40 models and do not lower your car. The bottom of the sill extension aligns closely with the bottom of the car.

New pics of Xtreme Classics aero devices can be seen at:

Aero Pics 1 and Aero Pics 2 and First Drive.

The first GTD/CAV splitter should arrive next week.

Enjoy.

Mark

Re: Xtreme Classics\' New Sill Extensions

Mark,

Have you ever considered a move to Detroit?

I think you could teach the big boys a thing or two! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How's the rear diffuser coming along?

Bill

Bill,

The next move has to be getting data from what has already been done. The cheapest wind tunnel time comes in around $800 and hour WITH a 6 hour minimum. Ouch!

My Lambda meter has four additional inputs so I figured I could get linear potentiometers on each corner and graph my ride height as the car goes faster to see if I have lift or downforce.

This all stems from the thought that the rear end instability may have been caused by many factors. Air being forced under the nose is one and air coming over the car and wrapping down along the sides trying to fill the vacuum behind the front wheels is the second. My splitter and sills may have cut down on this effect to a point where there is no longer lift at the rear. I don't know. But before I go any further with a diffuser I'd like to see the effect of the first devices.

Looks imtimidating doesn't it.

Mark

Mark,

Intimidating, but very interesting!

I have a REALLY big fan, if that would help?

It's a shame that this couldn't be accomplished on some

sort of futuristic chassis dyno. Now that would be the

ultimate simulator! Aerodynamic and engine performance in

one shot! Maybe someday........

Unless you win the lottery, the potentiometers sound like

the way to go.

Keep at it, and good luck!

Bill

To any of you computor Geeks. Is it possable to make a computor program that would give some kind of accurate info like a wind tunnel would give you? Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This can be done in some controlled conditions with CFD Computiational Fluid Dynamics. Typically long run times on high end computers run by Aero Engineers. Not something you get from Bill Gates!

Back