Yos' SLC Build Thread

Just got back late last night from the looong trip to Detroit to pick up my SLC. It was Hell, but I had great company and we muscle'd our way there and back. 46 hours of driving in 2.5 days is a bitch. Everything went well until we had a tire failure on the way home. Changing a tire on a loaded truck with a crappy jack is scary. Add to that...it was midnight, on a really steep grade mountain highway in Kentucky. Woke me right up... :stunned:

And of course seeing Fran and the shop is always cool. Love that place. I also want to apologize to anyone who was hoping for spy shots of the GTA or current SLC builds. I got caught in the moment and totally zoned out. Sorry guys..

I'll try to start with build process on here this week...I just wanted to post some pics to show off a bit...

The tow rig...

imag1953.jpg

Finally home :thumbsup:

imag1961.jpg

imag1965.jpg

Getting it tore down a bit before I put it on stands in the garage...

imag1976.jpg

imag1979.jpg

imag1974.jpg

Keeping parts together...dummy proof.

imag1997.jpg

I never really thought about how much I was gonna have to clean this thing before I got started. I'm trying to keep my garage very "laboratory" like, so dust and grime is not welcome...yet.

imag1975.jpg

Well...when I said "I" was cleaning, I may have stretched the truth a bit...I love my girls.

cleaningf.jpg

I'm amazed at how "built" the car comes, but I do realize the amount of work to go. The big wing on the street is a plus in my book. Best of luck gitten er done!

Got the engine and trans in already... moving right along :) SC engine, off the hook green, man that car is going to be bad to the bone. Now the fun starts.

Sharkey

That looks suspiciously like a LS-9--you dog. Any problems with the intake and accessory drive must be solved. I like the idea of starting with the engine and trans already in so you can see where things can go.

Thinking about the trailer loading and the splitter--how did that go?

Looks beautiful. The wheels are ccw? but which ones?

Mark

That color is great! Looks a lot like the Ithaca Verde on Lamborghinis.

Mark, the wheels are Forgestar CF5s.

With that engine, you surely will have one of the coolest-looking SLCs ever! Really cool to see one in the flesh.

Congrats Yos, pleased to see you and the fiberglass king made it home safely.
BTW: Feel free to send over the detailing crew to my shop, 001 is looking a bit tatty...

Vidal,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that Yos would enjoy a visit. I'm always open for a visit as well in Palm Bay. 45 minutes from you.

Cool! Yos should start an adopt a frog foundation...
There are plenty of Randidaphiles in the area too. Look it up.
St. Cloud and Kissimmee, FL are populated with several species
of Bufo Americanus. Some actually walk upright on two feet.
Redneck all the way. Round, round, I get around.

I've created your license plate for you. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• license_20120709111426_3629.jpg
    license_20120709111426_3629.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 560
That looks suspiciously like a LS-9--you dog. Any problems with the intake and accessory drive must be solved. I like the idea of starting with the engine and trans already in so you can see where things can go.

Thinking about the trailer loading and the splitter--how did that go?

Looks beautiful. The wheels are ccw? but which ones?

Mark

Fran and the crew jacked the front springs way up to help with loading...And believe it or not, I think I could push this car up the ramp on my own. It really is "Superlite" :drunk:

That color is great! Looks a lot like the Ithaca Verde on Lamborghinis.

Mark, the wheels are Forgestar CF5s.

With that engine, you surely will have one of the coolest-looking SLCs ever! Really cool to see one in the flesh.

You nailed it! That's the exact color I have planned for paint.

Back