ZF transaxel

Can anyone share the shift position of a 5 speed ZF transaxel? I can find reverse, (left and up) and 4 more gears in the standard H pattern, where is 1st or 5th, I've lost one of them, LOL, Wayne

Wayne,

For the ZF 5DS25-0, -1 and -2 the shift pattern is

Neutral - Center
Reverse - Left forward
First - Left back
Second - Center forward
Third - Center back
Forth - Right forward
Fifth - Right back

The positions, displacements and rotations of the shift linkage is shown in the attach diagram.

Dr. Mike

Attachments

• ZF_shift_pattern.jpg
    ZF_shift_pattern.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 557
When selecting first, the shifter movement shown above is "9 o'clock" when in practice
the shifter needs to be moved towards "8 o'clock" , at least in my car. Nice response though. Very detailed.

Johan,

The information I previously posted about the ZF shift pattern comes from the ZF 5DS25-2 service manual. This is the specification for the shifter mechanism on the transaxle.

The shifter positions at the driver's end will probably differ slightly from the gearbox due to variations in shifter and shift linkage designs and slop in the mechanical components.

Dr. Mike

Mine is reversed, in the sense that reverse is down and left and fifth is up and right. Are others set up this way also? This is the RCR shifter.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hmmmm.....

I'm not exactly a ZF fan but one of the features I do like about them is the dogleg first. If you do away with that, what reason to have a ZF..........?????;)

Back