GT40 MK11 now in the UK

Hi all
well here are some pic's of my MK11 rear end (clip) I have made the MK11 rear clip from scratch to give the UK guys another option on the MK1 and MK111 cars that have been available over here.
GTD did offer a clip that they referred to as a MK11 but it was well short of the real thing and weighed too much.

Regards
Chris.
fbef1e02.jpg
fbef1e7a.jpg
fbef1b71.jpg
fbef1b03.jpg

Thanks Bill
The gold rear is going on Simon Kelly's car, along with a new gold paint job.
Does anyone know if the MK11 back end was more, less or have the same aerodynamic coefficient as the MK1?
Its my opinion that with the wide tail and the increased air flow of the MK11, it should be better. I know the MK11 could achieve a higher top speed than the Mk1.
Regards
Chris

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Chris,

Nice work. Your rear looks close to the original, sounds good eh !!!!

I wish you well with it.

Best wishes,

Robert

Hi Robert
coming from you that's a compliment. When I saw your version at Le Mans and again on Dream Machines I thought I just had to do it.
I am starting work on a copy of the black car No2 first across the line in 1966.
I will be at Monterey in August for Fords Centenary how about you?
Still no news on the headlamp backing plates.

Regards
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
fbee4874.jpg

fbee4675.jpg

Where the hell did that gold rear clip go? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You do nice work sir, one day I must meet you. Probably sooner rather than later as I am in the throes of buying Graham Turners KVA roller.

Regards, Alex

Chris,

You've done it again! Great work. I still think you're a wizard or something. Come to think of it, Harry Potter is from England, isn't he?

BTW did Boris from Germany visit you? I recommended it to him, after he bought my GT40 cd, as he said he was going to the UK.

Have fun!

John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What can I say - WOW!!!!!!!

I went to see my car "Goldfinger" yesterday and have to say Chris and Paul have produced some fantastic work - well done!

The quality of the new clip is superb and the gold colour has totally transformed my car. I wholeheartedly approve.

The other truely amazing part is the differnce in weight from my original GTD Mk11 clip and the Melia Mk11. This must be worth at least a couple of seconds on my 0 - 60 times!!

Can't wait to see the finished #5 Thaj Mahal sponsored colour scheme - just in time for....

Congratulations to you both on a job well done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Kind regards
Simon

Hi Simon
thanks for your comments, as you know the blue car is now back with me, and hope to put the finishing touches to it tomorrow.
Hopefully the black car should be out of the spray shop tomorrow, giving me the weekend to build up.
Then on Monday Brian Magee will come over and fix the race decals, I just can't wait to see the three of them together.
I also have to thank Mark Sibley MDA for supplying the two other cars for this project and the help he has contributed.
We have just got the confirmation on tires Goodyear Blue Streaks wets 3 sets from Germany.
Regards
Chris.
PS. Fred yes the MK11 rear does fit the GTD.

Hi Chris

Great news about the tyres!

Will I get away with these on the road? - I'm just thinking about afterwards.

How is your paint chap doing by the way?

Regards
Simon

Chris/Simon/Mark, I am looking forward to seeing these three cars at the GTD Track day at Goodwood in August, should be quite a feature for the front of the photoshoot etc. Frank

Hi all
the gold car on this end is Simons car, the other two belong to Mark Sibley MDA.
They took me six weeks to do.
Regards
Chris
PS. 1966 was a good year.
fbc52059.jpg

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Absolutely brilliant Chris. Congratulations. More photos please.... Maybe some rear-end shots.

Cheers, Brian.

Back