GT40 MK11 now in the UK

MKII

Chris, Were these cars built just for display with no engines, suspension and internal finishings? They look to have MKI noses on them. They didn't have to be too exact for the display is how I understand the situation?? The Goodwood display was just amazing!! I would like to see FORD bring the display to the US and set it up at Daytona or Watkins Glen!

Hi Bill

I had six weeks to get three cars modified and instructions from Ford as to what they wanted to achieve. I came to the conclusion that as the structure was to be 60 meters high small differences in the height of the front wheel arches would not be noticed by the general public.
Regards

Chris.

Re: GT40 Mkll now in the UK

Is this rear clip different than the one that GTD was making back in the early 90's. As I recall they had a dark blue demonstrator MKll that I saw at Goodwood.

Hi Bud
The standard GTD MK11 rear was basically a MK1 tail with literally two drain pipes grafted on to form the upper pair of scoops, it also had an extra set of the MK1 tail lights let in, which are far larger than the Corvair lights used on MK11's.

Regards

Chris.

Back