Details, Cannonball CAV

Hey all:

My CAV is a week away from being on the road, and then a month of shakedown before the Cannonball One Lap. Here are a few shots of some of the details.

Here is the NASA duct that Ian (Canuk 40) spotted in another thread. I think it is unique to this particular CAV. The car was spected for racing with no air conditioning until I added it for my use.

Attachments

• 33999-sm1445rofductJPG.jpg
    33999-sm1445rofductJPG.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 367
Another thing unique to this CAV was the additional heim joint suspension pieces.

Attachments

• 34003-sm1424Heim AOJPG.jpg
    34003-sm1424Heim AOJPG.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 317
Some other tidbits are:

Front "luggage" area with Fire System. The horn and washer bottle have been moved to the drivers side to offer more room for a bag or bags.

Attachments

• 34006-sm1403fireJPG.jpg
    34006-sm1403fireJPG.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 364
Here is the single breather plumbed to a catch can on the firewall behind the roll bar support.

All the colorful wires are going to be hooked up to the ECU.

Attachments

• 34007-sm1413tank.jpg
    34007-sm1413tank.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 349
Battery mount under the oil cooler with positive & negative post access.

Attachments

• 34008-sm1414oil col.jpg
    34008-sm1414oil col.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 330
Trailer hitch. Secured at a rear transmission cradle, at the square crossmember and with a bracket to the ZF.

Attachments

• 34010-sm1430ThitchJPG.jpg
    34010-sm1430ThitchJPG.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 351
Good luck with your new ride. We at the Kentucky Cobra Club would like to feature your car once you have some good shots of it. Please visit our website and or write me back letting me know you are interested. There in no cost to feature your car as with all the other members to date.

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
Kentucky Cobra Club
2432 Crittenden Drive
Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217

502-635-5711

Attachments

• 34025-th_kcc01.jpg
    34025-th_kcc01.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 295
F3L / Rick,

"On the road diary" I'm working on "On the road" first. Some generous sole may take me under his wing before the event and show me how to do an "On the road Diary" (I had a 12V power source installed)

juanone / Juan,

Thanks for the nice offer. I'll look you up after the event when things calm down.

Regards, Buzz

When you get on the road and if you have a laptop and can stop to download to the forum, complete with pics, that's what I meant about an on-the-road diary...

Mind you, that's asking a lot when I'm sure all you're worried about is getting the car ready. I've always enjoyed the various articles where the author recounts his adventures along the road, one that stands out was an editor from R&T driving a new Ferrari Tessarossa along Route 66, with all the craziness that occurred.

Eventually down the road (no pun intended), I would like to drive my '40 from Ontario, Canada to visit my sis in San Diego and chronicle the journey, sort of my homage to "Easy Rider".

That's a question for everyone, what's the longest trip you've taken in your '40?

Rick

Rick, Maybe some kind sole will take me under their wing and show me the laptop/download thing in time....who knows. Your trip sound like a great idea. Get it scheduled...you only live once.

John: 6,000+ miles, 17 track events, 9 days, no support vehicles, and no storage room in the 40 for even the two helmets = Trailer Hitch!

Regards, Buzz

does sound like it is going to be quite the adventure! If you happen to end up in my neck of the woods while I'm around, you can count on having a free meal and potentially a place to stay a night if my situation permits.

John

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
What a "buzz" doing the cannonball. They did a similar thing in Australia a few years back and an entrant in a ferrari F40 wrote himself off along with some marshalls which put a dampener on things.
Any way good luck!--always expect the unexpected!! We're off to do the Targa Tasmania this time next month--a week of hilly windy wet roads at full noise

F3L "great drives" about 6 pages back I thought that might cover some driving exploits

Ooroo Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the pointer, just read that thread...

My contribution would be the last 100 miles into Carlisle, PA chasing the lead Charger in our little Mopar group at 3-digits speed while trying to get around all the trucks on I-81...

Oh yes, and "combat driving" while going through Wilkes-Barre, geesh! I wish somebody would show people how to merge onto a freeway.

Rick

Hey Buzz,
Nothing wrong with a hitch. Here's what I pull with my GT.
This thing has A/C, DVD player and a memory foam mattress for super comfort. I carry a portable stove and a small 110V-12V frig.
On week end shows me and the wife stay overnight in a campground. I'm getting ready to put the black stripes on it to match the GT. The outside is all stainless steel satin finish.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 34220-My Qicksilver 2.jpg
    34220-My Qicksilver 2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 308
Back