Superformance GT40

I just ordered one 10 minutes ago. I got the opportunity to meet and chat with Peter Brock who just happened to be at the dealership when I was there. I am looking forward to the GT experience.

Some 50 GT40 orders are on the books I am told. Production starts in May and cars will start to be be delivered about 100 days later. I saw pictures of the car prototype and liked what I saw. I also heard about the recent Shelby endorsement which is interesting.

I will post info that I get from the factory as it comes.

Excited I am,
Mike

Mike,
Congrats on the order. I have been eagerly awaiting the SF car since I heard about it a while back. Do you have any info on the body styles offered? I am only interested in a Mark I with the rear flares.

[ QUOTE ]
Jon,

Mark II first, when that smooths out, Mark I, then when that smooths out, FIA approved replicas of specific cars (I am told).

Bill,
No link to GT40 pages yet on their website www.superformance.com.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. What dealer are you using?

When talking to Pete Brock, sometime ago, I thought he said that they were tooling up to make a replica of the 4 speeds used in the originals.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Mike, It will be nice to see more MK11s on the forum. Which version is always a personal thing, however when I was a kid I painted a 1/24 scale slotcar body in the Ken Miles/Lloyd Ruby 1966 Daytona Continental colours. Always liked that car.

Does your roller come painted and complete with A/C, Leather Seats, Dash, Door Panels, Smiths Gauges, Stainless Headers/Mufflers and Pin Drive Wheels for that price?

Attachments

• 51600-66dayMiles-RubyFordMkII.jpg
    51600-66dayMiles-RubyFordMkII.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 236

Ron Earp

Admin
Yes, they do. The pricing is quite good on the Superformance cars as mentioned in the RF pricing thread. AC is standard, leather is standard, etc. and they do nice period gauges and pin drives as well. $65k is what was quoted with all the items you mentioned above. Once they start producing MKI cars I think they'll sell even more, but the MKII's I'm sure will do okay on the market and be very nice cars.

Also the castings for the 4 speed are proceeding as well, at least that is what I was told, so that a good old FE (Farm Engine) can be mated up.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Wow, there sure must be a lot of us who want (need?) a GT40, and obviously lots more who don't know about this board. I think it's amazing that Superformance has 50 orders for a car that hasn't yet even been officially announced yet. They have a great reputation and I’m sure looking forward to seeing more.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone HAS to have a picture of this car! I NEED to see it ! How long before the MK1 starts production?
Ron

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm waiting for. I'm guessing we won't see a mark I until 2006.

[ QUOTE ]
Also the castings for the 4 speed are proceeding as well, at least that is what I was told, so that a good old FE (Farm Engine) can be mated up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Ford dropped the 4-speed Colotti transaxles because of reliability problems. Have these problems been solved in the new transaxles?

Panterra1889

There's photos of the SF40 prototype on one of the earlier
threads. Sorry I'm pretty lousy at using the search
function.

Ben...the 4-speed used in the MKII is the T-44.
Will be interesting to see when SF has their version done,
and the cost. I suspect it may be a while yet.
I also suspect most MKII buyers will still use the SBF,
so the typical choices can be used...Audi, Porsche, ZF.

MikeD

Back