Superformance GT40

I just received my production build slot number from the factory - I am number 20. So I think the salesman's comment about 50 on order was a tad high.

Production is slated to begin May and deliveries begin 120 days later.

Yipee.

Mike

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Gee,

Now that it is official that the Superformance GT40 is "on the way" can we lock down the smart arse poll that seems to insinuate that the car was a "scam" or never existed?

Think about it...at 65K for a roller compared to a MK I street car in 1966 at $15,000.00 and you may question where inflation went! Even if you add 20K for a powertrain it is a screamin' good deal.

I think I will email tommorow and ask to be number one on the list for a MK I........

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was talking to my SPF dealer (I have had 4 SPF Cobras) and he said basically the same thing. Production starting in May but dealers will get mule cars to drive and test prior to release of the retail units. I think they don't want to have the problems they experienced with the Daytona Coupes. Not enough on the road testing and they had rear-end problems, power steering pump problems etc. As always Superformance sorted it out and took care of the existing customers but it had to be very costly bringing all those cars back to the dealers. I also understand that Dennis Othoff (dealer on USA east coast) has been testing 427 FE in their protype GT40. I actually saw some video 2 years ago of the Daytona Coupe being built at the factory and there was a bunch of GT40 front ends etc sitting off to the side. I'm sure it will be a neat high quality car like their Cobra and Daytona and with motor and tranaxle you'll be in the $ 85K to 90K US dollars!

Back