OK Everyone, What Did You Get For Christmas?

I'll start by saying I got a set of Vitaloni Californian side view mirrors for my soon-to-be-delivered GT40, and a beautifully framed picture of a GT40 (24x36) that now hangs in our family room.

Merry Christmas to all

Bill D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif nuff said! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My wife gave me a digital camera so I could photograph my CAV to help get it sold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif Joseph

A nice reworked and upgraded Renault UN-1, started this week by Mr.Chris Cole. This covers all gift getting for 2005 and 2006!!

My girlfriend gave me 2 Carter fuel pumps(better for Webers) and a Haltone 30 gas analyzer to help dial the carbs in. Pretty cool I thought, she is not only beautiful,but also a great cook and a hell of a crew chief(when I am racing the FF)!

Santa brought me loads of useful things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif 2 new 24" tressels to build the car on, A box full of Cleco's, Cleco Pliars, Rivet space gauge, Mechanix Gloves, a creeper seat and a 1/24th scale GT40 model to build while I wait for my 1/1 to arrive! Now I need to find who did that detailed engine kit!

Happy Holidays to one and all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Joseph,

[ QUOTE ]
My wife gave me a digital camera so I could photograph my CAV to help get it sold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make me cry too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Dave,

[ QUOTE ]
.....she is not only beautiful,but also a great cook and a hell of a crew chief(when I am racing the FF)!

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go again Dave, making all us single guys jealous. And I'm still trying to get over your home garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Since my birthday and Christmas are fairly close together, and I did some sacrificing this year, I made out like gangbusters. For my birthday, I got a Toshiba laptop which will be used for tuning the ignition system yet to come. For Christmas I got from my son the 4 poster GT40 set from autoartsuperstore on ebay.
I must say if you want some posters of GT40s, they have any and everything you would consider worthy. The start of the 67 race with Chaparals etc., just as the race is starting, to all the classic GT40 posters.
I also got a pair of Simson low top racing shoes, a Mallory CompPump fuel injecction fuel pump, and the Tilton floor mounted triple pedal assembly.
The laptop was a greater surprise than I had anticipated. For those of you who have never experienced a flat panel moniter, you don't know what you are missing. The detail with an LCD screen adds a third dimension to all the regular pictures you might view, and with some of the avitars this season, that is adding a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif
Seriously, it does add a third demension to all the pics that come up on the screen. Add Hi Def and it would seem the pic is what you would see if the screen was a window pane and then some. Enough for now. Heading down to the shop to practice heel and toe

Bill

A 1998 Sreies 1 Lotus Elise (silver) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I got the new printing of the Ford That Beat Ferrari. Very nice. And a little peace and quiet in the garage with my project this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well my birthday is on Christmas ,,, I got a neon "cocktails" sign for my bar in my shop from my wife,,, a can of super duper large cashews from my son ,,, a six pack of beer from my next door neighbor 82 year old widow sweetie, and a double shot of my wife if you know what I mean,,,life's not all that bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
we cut back this year

A G-Tech Pro RR and a bag of sox.
Boy I just can't wait to try those sox on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got sort of an odd present ... the several year loan of a gaming system. My youngest son will be in Europe and is not taking it with him. It is a PS2 with a pair of GameRacer seats, logitec wheels and pedal sets. The visual is provided by an InFocus projector. Sound by high-end Sony 5.1 receiver driving Panasonic front and center speakers. I provided the Klipsch surround speakers and powered subwoofer.

The only game we've run so far is GranTurismo 3 and 4. Am not a gamer and haven't done anything like this before. Have bent a lot of hardware in the last couple of days ;>)

The simulator system is pretty amazing! Sound and visual are GREAT.

Turns out that the GT3 SL-4 license test is a GT40 in Seattle. If the one I am building is anything like the simulation ... it is going to be an amazing experience to drive!!!!!

Man, do I need more seat time. The kids have been the heavy users so far. Grandkids arrive tomorrow. I don't expect to get to play much.

Is much more a grin that I could have possibly guessed.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I got a bottle of Krug and a huge Stilton.
I got a bottle of Napoleon.
I got to get up early.
I got to cook Christmas Dinner.
I got a nice shirt,sweater, and Tie.
I got innebriated.
I think I got something else which would be innapropriate to describe here.
I think............

I've got a scale model of 1/43 limited edition (gulf)
a sweater with gt 40 print on it
mediacenter keyboard
one bottle of alcohol
and a couple of magazines

frank /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Charlie M

Supporter
I got a trunk prop rod, windshield center rod, and bumper mount grommets for the Cobra from my wife. My daughter got me a 150 ft-lb torque wrench.

(I'm easy to shop for; I provide the vendor and the part numbers!)

Charlie

along with odds and ends, my 289 was rebuilt to a 347 stroker, webers and it was complete a day befor christmas. With 6 inches of snow on the ground, no big hurry !!!

Brian Stewart
Supporter
"The Ford That Beat Ferrari", the Duke DVD "The Ford GT40 Story" and tickets to this year's Le Mans Classic. Happiness filled....

The book "Holman-Moody the legendary race team", a very good book by the way. And a really nice digital camera (Canon 20D)

Chuck

Back