RF GT40 value GOOD or BADDDDDDD

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Now that RF SA is out, do the current owners think the value of their car went higher or lower in the market? Remember! The car is still a high quility GT40. Parts still are availiable from other manaf. I would like to know if current owners and non-owners thoughts. Would a prospect still consider a RF even though the company went out? If a current owner wanted to sell his RF would he command a higher price due to supply and demand. And would the price refect other high quility turn key cars that start at $69,000.00 ?

Oliver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Frankly, the value of a GT40 replica kit is in the eye of the owner. I can't see where any manufacturer, be it ERA to KVA, have any more value than another with equal quality, componets, ect. Meaning, we all dump a lot of money in our cars and I for one know I'll never recoup close to what's invested. I've never seen anything motorsport related appreciate, only depreciate (outside of collector items).

To answer you inquiring Oliver, IMHO, the value of ones car will hold to the extent of the quality of build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif Another way to look at it is the value is priceless when considering what it stirs in you soul as you walk in your garage and behold your cars beauty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
There is really nothing on any of these cars that cannot be duplicated, fabricated or bought in from elsewhere. I don't think that if RF ceased to exist, it would affect the value of existing cars one iota. There is such a personal component in most of these cars (even turnkeys are virtually one off specs within reason), that the relative value, as stated elsewhere, is dependent on the final execution and not a lot else. Just my thoughts.

Regards

Back