Who is gt40sbot and why so many post?

There seems to be an awfully lot of post from this guy that really add nothing to the forum other than cars for sale. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just saying that when I check in, I hit the new post button and sometimes that's all I see.

Just for the hell of it I looked at that section of the forum and in the last four pages, there is only 3 post started by someone else and they are totally lost to the "noise" being created by gt40sbot. I find it frustrating.

Sorry If I offended anyone but I have been holding back for days.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Dean, gt40sbot is a search ro(bot) that Ron uses to find items that are for sale on the web that might interest those of us here on the forum....GT40's, Ford GT's, Cobras, Valkyries, Avengers, Fiero based GT40's...well, maybe not those...Ron was working on it a short while ago, here's a link to the thread:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/site-que...ts/38002-rss-feed-being-tweaked-not-spam.html

Of course, your comment might have been tongue-in-cheek, in which it just went WAAAY over this ol' schoolteacher's head :eek: .

Cheers!

Doug

That's funny!, I thought it was a guy selling stuff. I couldn't understand the connection between all those cars.:laugh:

Sorry I missed the thread where that was explained.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I wonder if a guy could put the gt40sbot "username" on ignore and not have all the threads appear on the New Posts list.....might be worth a try!

Cheers!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys, the tweaks are still in the works. I had to travel to England for work and haven't had time to mess with it. That and another issue I'll be working on and getting sorted out. Hang tight, ignore the posts.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't mind them, Ron...read quite a few of them each day, in fact.

Cheers!

Doug

Don't feel dumb, I was thinking the exact same thing about this "guy". :laugh:

I put "him" on my ignore list, but the posts still appear.

Ron,

It looks like you've worked out most of the bugs in your GT40 bot! You might want to consider posting them to a new separate page say "New Posts - Sales" rather then cluttering up the "New Posts" page!

John

:thumbsup:

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows, I'll be working out the details today. Hopefully I can get the posts most focused and fewer of them. They are still going to appear on the new posts page as they are new posts.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Just like the political discussions on the Paddock...if we don't want to read them, we can just not open them!

Like I said....I read a lot of them. Just yesterday there was a real funny offering...something resembling a Cobra from Europe that the guy had driven for 30 years, so well "patina'd" that the raw fiberglass was exposed all along the right rear fender. The attached story read like a novel.

In the end it was V-6 powered, but you'd have thought it had a 427 cammer in it the way the owner waxed eloquent about the performance!

Cheers, Ron....steady as you go!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
Ok, I've done some work on them and I HOPE that you'll only see a few posts a day from GT40s Bot. In a nutshell, GT40s Bot goes to Ebay and looks for items based on terms I provide to it. If it finds the terms it'll post what it finds here so it can do useful work for us.

BUT, it is very difficult to narrow the searches down to get what you want and not a bunch of chaff.

Right now I have it looking for the following:

*GT40 replicas
*Ford GTs
*Cobra replicas
*McLaren, Lola, and Can Am race cars or replicas
*ZF gearboxes
*Vintage NOS 427 side oilers
*Gurney heads

I used these topics as starters and to try the system out. It should only return one or two items from each type of search and I hope that I've got it tweaked so it returns what we want and not junk; i.e., a ZF gearbox and NOT a Pantera with a ZF gearbox. It'll check for new items every day and if there is a new item it'll post it. After the initial run in period there should not be new items everyday unless someone clears out an inventory of ZF boxes.

Are there other auctions that you'd like to be informed about?

Back