Near Perfection

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Green1.jpg

Wow, I really like these 'old' colours. Not sure if I would have dared to order it that way, but having seen it finished it looks absolutely stunning and very authentic.

John

Mike Pass

Supporter
Pic is of Martin Gough's Southern GT. The full build thread can be found in the build section under Southern GT No8. There is also some video on YouTube of him throwing it into a ditch on the Manx Classic; fortunately with hardly a scratch. Took me ages to persuade him to paint it Ford Linden Green and not pale blue and white but it seems to be much appreciated now. Gelscoe Motorsport built a similar liveried monocoque car which runs regularly in historic events in the UK/Europe and they also did the rebuild on the open top car which is in the same colour.
Cheers
Mike

There is also some video on YouTube of him throwing it into a ditch on the Manx Classic; fortunately with hardly a scratch. Cheers
Mike

Mike,

Will he ever be allowed to forget that one :).

Listen carefully just after the car comes to rest you will hear a great, (very calmly said given the circumstances), line from Martin, which luckily as Mike says proved to be wrong.

How does it look in person?

It's an often used saying, in this case it's true but even better than in the pictures.

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I read through the build thread. Very nice! The videos are no longer available but there were many other pictures. That color may not be for everyone but I find it irresistible.

Back