Which manufacturer ?

Should i choose ? Tornado, RCR..

I been thinkning about it for a long time now, building my own GT40.
But i can't decide what manufacture to choose.

Glad if i could have your opinions

Thanks

Patrick,
we just shipped to Sweden last week...and I responded to another email this morning from there. Must be something in the air .

Both kits will give you a great GT but they are very different in design and execution...
Mono vs tube , CNC machined parts vs cast and tubular....

Patrick,
we just shipped to Sweden last week...and I responded to another email this morning from there. Must be something in the air .

Both kits will give you a great GT but they are very different in design and execution...
Mono vs tube , CNC machined parts vs cast and tubular....

I tried to get a hold of your european retail contact, but i haunt gotten any feedback yet.
So you can give me a price, including shipping to Sweden then ?

Patrick,

Fran is correct there are differences.

We offer three different style chassis;

Traditional steel space frame
Carbon fiber / aluminum alloy honeycomb, composite
Aluminum alloy / aluminum alloy honeycomb, composite

The Carbon version is truly a world apart.

We also offer the only nut and bolt complete FORD Coyote engine chassis that will allow compliance with Euro V emission standards, if that is one of your requirements.

This is also Tornado Sports Cars 30th anniversary.

It would be worth the trip to Kidderminster for a visit with Andy Sheldon.

Cheers,
Scott

Patrick,

Fran is correct there are differences.

We offer three different style chassis;

Traditional steel space frame
Carbon fiber / aluminum alloy honeycomb, composite
Aluminum alloy / aluminum alloy honeycomb, composite

The Carbon version is truly a world apart.

We also offer the only nut and bolt complete FORD Coyote engine chassis that will allow compliance with Euro V emission standards, if that is one of your requirements.

This is also Tornado Sports Cars 30th anniversary.

It would be worth the trip to Kidderminster for a visit with Andy Sheldon.

Cheers,
Scott
Thanks, maybe i will do that since it not that far.
I mostly interested in the aluminum monocoque.

I've seen a Tornado up close and have bought many parts from RCR. If you would like my opinion between these two PM me and I'll give you my thoughts.

FWIW, I think you would be happy with either depending on what you intend to do with the car.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Patrick

We have sold many kits to customers in Sweden over the years and have a kit in production at the moment for another customer in Sweden.

If you would like to arrange a visit to our Factory in the UK just let me know.

We produce both spaceframe and monocoque chassis types.

Thanks

Andy

I cannot speak for Tornado and I have not bought a GT40 yet, but I have met with Fran (RCR) and he will get my business when I retire. His cars are beautiful, he stands behind his product and he welcomed me in off the street without an appointment and spent an hour showing me around and answering my questions taking time out of his busy day. Check past postings or send a private message to RCR owners and you will not hear a bad thing about Fran or RCR.

I cannot speak for Tornado and I have not bought a GT40 yet, but I have met with Fran (RCR) and he will get my business when I retire. His cars are beautiful, he stands behind his product and he welcomed me in off the street without an appointment and spent an hour showing me around and answering my questions taking time out of his busy day. Check past postings or send a private message to RCR owners and you will not hear a bad thing about Fran or RCR.

I'll second that. Fran has been very good with customer service for me every time I've dealt with him and even when the purchase orders were very small.

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion

I also can't speak for the other choices as I don't know anything about them, but have been to RCR and met with Fran and looked over his cars in detail. The internals of his cars are true works of art. Everything from his chassis to his billet suspension. So amazingly beautiful it's almost a shame to cover it with a GT40 body.

Fran manufactures a lot of his parts on sight or near-sight. His facility has racks of spare parts. This was a big draw for me. If I needed a part, Fran likely would have it in stock.

In the end I wanted more of a Turn Key completed Roller with slightly different configuration and went with something else. My decision did not have to do with any short comings I found with RCR, it was merely finding a package and product that was closer to my requirements.

Even if you do not live local to RCR, it is well work a couple hundred dollar in airfare or a long drive to come visit RCR. What you will learn about GT40s and the replicas is worth every penny - and it's just plain fun.

Take a camera!

- Jeffrey

Back