National Kit Car Show -Stoneleigh

I am planning to take my family to Stoneleigh
on Sunday May 5th.

Questions:
Is it worth it - Around 500 miles round trip?

Are GTD going to exhibit? I've been to shows
in the past, and although listed as exhibitors, there was no sign of them.

Are there any attractions for the non-GT40 fanatics in my family?

I look forward to any comments.

Thanks, Geoff.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hi Geoff
Stoneleigh is a must for all GT40 fans always a good turn out. Around 30 GT40's turn up every year.
Don't hold your breath for GTD to be there.

Regards Chris
fe108452.jpg

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Geoff
Stonleigh Kit Car Show is the first big show of the year and the GT40 Enthusiast Club traditionally has a big showing on their club stand. As Chris says we have had over thirty cars in the past and this year it would be nice to see 40 fourties. if the weather is kind to us I don't see why that's not possible.
See you there.
Brian.

As Chris and Brian have said, this is THE show to go to. There is plenty for everyone to do. Its a 2 day show ( 5th and 6th May) but most GT40 Enthusiasts Club membes will be going on Sunday the 5th.

The GT40 Enthusiasts Club is booked in, and I've been told by the organisers that will be on block 50 this year (rather than 27 which is our traditional space which has been turned over to crops this year!)

If you want further info on which companies/trade stands will be there, try ringing the organisers on 01775 712100 - Emma or Roger.
smile.gif

A lot of the GTD40s car club members will be returning from thier annual competition trip to the Isle of Man on 5th May, so it is unlikely that these cars can get to Stoneliegh. I hope the Enthusiasts club have good weather and a fun time.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Frank
You'll be coming right past the door of Stoneleigh. What time does your ferry dock? Drop in and see us if possible if only for a photo shoot. Love to see you all there.

Brian.

I am astonished!!
After 10 days of trying to contact GTD and Tornado by phone and E-mail, I have had no replies at all.
BT tell me that GTD's number is not recognised!!
Neither company can be more than 50 miles from Stoneleigh!
Do they really want all GT40 replicas sourced from overseas?
However still plan to come down on Sunday.

Chris, thanks for the E-mail. Look forward to meeting you on the day.
confused.gif

Brian, after three days of intense competition and then a four hour ferry crossing of the Irish sea, I really don't think we will be in a state to stop off at Stoneleigh, we will just want to get home!. I know that yourself and several others of the GTD 40s car club will be at the show, so we know we will be represented, and hopefully promoted, by your cars on show. I hope you all have a good time. Frank

Back