GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, & Vendors Consumer experiences related to GT40s. NOT for advertising.

Old 26th October 2014, 12:45 PM   #1
misho22
Rookie
Kuwait

A&E Automotive

just wondering if anyone has dealt with A&E automotive located in Texas or also known as "kitcarchassis.com"

I paid for him and I am waiting for 3 months to send me the items I ordered , he promised that he will send it by 3 to 4 weeks

but until now he is not , moreover he is not answering my emails

the problem he is checking his account here gt40s without even answer me !!

can any one help me with that and reach him , ether he send me my items or send me my money back

I really appreciate your help guys

thanks
misho22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Della gt
Gold Supporter
Canada

GT40: GTD40/69Mustang
Re: A&E Automotive

Looks like someone took your money and ran. Not answering phones or email is a good sign of that.
Della gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 02:05 PM   #3
cribbj
Missing a few cylinders
United States

Looks like he has a shop over near Dallas.

I would do a search of the membership here for other members in Dallas; perhaps you could find someone who would contact him for you.
cribbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Mark Charlton
Lifetime Premier Supporter
Canada

GT40: GTD #9988

Hmmm. It doesn't sound good, but hopefully you'll get a response.
It appears that he also trades under:

A&E Automotive & Machining
907 County Road 2730
Farmersville, TX 75442

Eric Martin
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 214-606-2457

The location is a farmhouse north-east of Dallas off a dirt road. Not really a pro operation from the looks of it.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
A&E Automotive-aand-e-jpg  
GTD40 #09988
71 DeTomaso Pantera #1826
71 DeTomaso Pantera #2281
70 DeTomaso Mangusta #1114

Last edited by brettmcc; 27th October 2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Potential personal phone number removed
Mark Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 06:00 PM   #5
albanygt40
10 tenths
Australia

I dont think Eric has ripped anyone off yet. Yes parts are taking a long time, yes it is frustrating waiting but as explained on the other site to you he has been working construction and is now back onto doing small machine work jobs. As you know Mish I have had someone drop in and visit Eric and he seems genuine at this point of time.
We just have to wait.

Dave
Pantera #3646

Last edited by albanygt40; 26th October 2014 at 06:06 PM.
albanygt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 06:57 PM   #6
molleur
Bronze Supporter
United States

GT40: SL-C LS1/930LSD

We have had Eric do several jobs for us and had no issues. Hang in there Mish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
molleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 07:37 PM   #7
albanygt40
10 tenths
Australia

Can one of the mods take Erics address / phone details and pics of his house down?
I don't think the Guy deserves that kind of treatment.
Pantera #3646
Old 27th October 2014, 05:49 AM   #8
misho22
Rookie
Kuwait

with all my respect I don't want to post this kind of personal information

I asked for help to reach him and tell him to replay to me

Dave ,,,, I didn't say he is scammer or he ripped me and even after I talked to you he didn't answer my emails

how do want me to wait for you and for him when I see him sign in in gt40s without even answer me !!!!

I waited for 3 months !!!!
Old 27th October 2014, 07:15 AM   #9
MHNCO
United States

GT40: SPF 2161

In my opinion if someone has your money they are obligated to stay in close communication if things are being held up. To not do so is just bad business and should be called out in public as the author has done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MHNCO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 09:06 AM   #10
Chally72
2 Tenths
United States

GT40: TS40

Mish, I had to chase Eric via email and phone for about 2 months early this year after I ordered an adapter plate, sent him a check, and things went to radio silence. When it finally came in 4 months after he cashed the check, I had to send it right back for repairs due to shipping damage. He had a great price, but the machinework was obviously rushed and holes weren't deburred, cutter speed was obviously way too high...many, many visual issues that I ended up cleaning up myself. If he is still having deadline issues 10 months later....this is something he should be upfront about!
Chally72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 11:48 AM   #11
Della gt
Gold Supporter
Canada

yeh I agree I hate it when people take your money then blame you they are too busy. I had my mustang in for a hand built headers. they said 4 days. 3 weeks later I was still waiting, my car was just down the street and I would show up every morning and afternoon. one of the idiots that owned the shop was looking at me funny so I asked what his issue was , he stated you making us feel bad because we didn't do the job on time. I told him that is his issue I love my cars and like to see them when they are being worked on. I said you could get it done in the time frame stated you just chose not too. if they take someone's money you have the right to have the questions answered or give back the money. they always want to cry its not their fault but it is, they took the money and said it would get done. if this guy has done it to more then one person. then it is good everyone know and then you can decide if you want to deal with an idiot knowing it up front. I would just want my money back but the guy has spent it on something else and cant normally.
Old 27th October 2014, 01:17 PM   #12
Brett James-McCall Moderator
brettmcc
I Have No Life
United Kingdom

GT40: RSGTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanygt40 View Post
Can one of the mods take Erics address / phone details and pics of his house down?
I don't think the Guy deserves that kind of treatment.
I've removed the phone number that is potentially his personal one. However, the phone number, contact details and location are of a business, not an individual's, which I assume are listed. So unless anyone tells me otherwise, I won't remove it.
brettmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 01:23 PM   #13
misho22
Rookie
Kuwait

again just to explain it right so I don't want any body get me wrong !!!

I searched for eric company and every one is saying he had really good job

so its clear now the quality nothing to say about it

also he didn't scam in any one before and his record is clear , I am not saying he ripped me and run away

my issue is he is not answering my email and as I said I send the money long time ago , I asked him just to give me time for sending or get my money back

moreover I asked him to send what ever item he finish then I will pay him again for the cost of shipping for the other part he didn't make it right now

so what else I can do to get at least some of my order !!!

I was asking every body in us to talk to him but the only answer I get he face problem and he will finish the order soon , when soon means I don't know

my car is just down the garage for 3 months after this whole money I spent !!!

I didn't like the personal information was post about him and this is not my way to deal with some body I talked to him more than 5 months
Old 27th October 2014, 02:10 PM   #14
Chally72
2 Tenths
United States

GT40: TS40

If it is at all possible, call frequently (I was calling almost every day in the end) or have someone in the US call for you and ask the status of your parts. It seems the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Chally72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 03:10 PM   #15
Della gt
Gold Supporter
Canada

I have dealt with people from here who have given me things mark is one of them I have given others things and I have bought things on good faith. I hate it when people abuse that faith . We are people trying to have fun . Not be lawyers and have to fight and prove our points or chase someone that owes us money or parts. Mish you did nothing wrong , you stated an issue you had. I hope it getters worked out soon.
Old 30th October 2014, 01:04 PM   #16
Mark Charlton
Canada

GT40: GTD #9988

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmcc View Post
I've removed the phone number that is potentially his personal one. However, the phone number, contact details and location are of a business, not an individual's, which I assume are listed. So unless anyone tells me otherwise, I won't remove it.
Brett,

I did not intend to cross any lines with what I posted. EVERYTHING I posted is freely and publicly available on the internet, including the phone numbers as well as the images.

I was trying to help a fellow owner who was having difficulty getting a response. I have done this many times in the past (here and elsewhere) and believe it is the right thing to do as part of this community. I think when dealing with distant suppliers we must all help each other wherever possible.

I can't exactly drive over to see Eric, so did the next best thing in providing Mish some additional contact options. In hindsight I should have done it as a Private Message and in the future I will take that route. I tried editing/deleting my original post but too much time has passed. Please do that for me if you can.

Mark
GTD40 #09988
71 DeTomaso Pantera #1826
71 DeTomaso Pantera #2281
70 DeTomaso Mangusta #1114
Mark Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 01:26 PM   #17
Cliffbeer2
Silver Supporter
United States

Sounds like typical amateur kit car business tactics. One reason to work with CAV, RCR, Tornado, Superformance, etc. instead...that stuff doesn't happen with them, they have meaningful brands and reputations to protect.

If it's a substantial amount of money then go get a local (local to him) lawyer to write a demand letter.
Cliffbeer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 02:30 PM   #18
jac mac
I Have No Life
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffbeer2 View Post
Sounds like typical amateur kit car business tactics.
[[[[[[[[ One reason to work with CAV, RCR, Tornado, Superformance, etc. instead...that stuff doesn't happen with them,]]]]]]]]]
they have meaningful brands and reputations to protect.

If it's a substantial amount of money then go get a local (local to him) lawyer to write a demand letter.
Bollocks Cliff, there have been issues with all of those brands over the years, some resolved after considerable efforts both here on the forum and behind the scenes, but I know of several that have had to simply walk away and fix the issues concerned themselves, the aggro involved is not worth it.
jac mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 09:14 PM   #19
albanygt40
10 tenths
Australia

I agree with both Cliff and Jac. Cliff you are right in thinking you have a perceived better chance of not being ripped by a bigger Business. Jac you are right also, there have been many cases of people being burnt by the big Boys.

Yes I have paid Eric 2.5k for parts I have been waiting 4 months for now.
Pantera #3646

Last edited by albanygt40; 30th October 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 31st October 2014, 01:20 PM   #20
darrinps
8 Tenths
United States

GT40: GTForte

FWIW, I've bought several things from Eric and I know others who have as well. Although he may be a bit slow at times has always delivered a good product to me and those I know of. Wouldn't worry too much but I might mention you are waiting the next time I run out to his shop. I need to pick up some cables (cable shift mechanism) in about 6 weeks (my engine should be in place by then so we will know the right length for everything).
darrinps is offline   Reply With Quote