Sweet new CAV with a bad taste from one of the family members

Life long GT40 fan. Recently acquired a CAV GT. Needs some sorting out before I post any pics. I have read many posts in all categories to help me with the process.
GT40S.com is like one big family supporting, encouraging and on point. This will go far with the help I need. Thank you.
The bad, I posted that I was looking for mats for the CAV. I received a response that said pm my friend. ([email protected])
Harvey quickly responded that he had a set he was willing to sell for $100 with shipping! To good to be true!
Of course, after sending the $100 via PayPal, he insisted as a family and friends payment.
He contacted me saying shipping was to much he needed $25 more.. Than another $25...
He has disappeared no tracking number, no emails, apparently $150 richer.
I'm old, certainly old enough to know better.
If some of the good people on this site take a minute to send Harvey and email asking "Where David's mats?"
Maybe he will get the message not to do it again.
Thank you David

Bill Kearley

Supporter
I don't know what I'm talking about but couldn't paypal come to the party. I'm sure they could find the bank and the ripoff artist.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Not with F&F transactions. It is fee-free and protection-free also. You only use it when you fully trust the transaction partner.

Neil

Supporter
Life long GT40 fan. Recently acquired a CAV GT. Needs some sorting out before I post any pics. I have read many posts in all categories to help me with the process.
GT40S.com is like one big family supporting, encouraging and on point. This will go far with the help I need. Thank you.
The bad, I posted that I was looking for mats for the CAV. I received a response that said pm my friend. ([email protected])
Harvey quickly responded that he had a set he was willing to sell for $100 with shipping! To good to be true!
Of course, after sending the $100 via PayPal, he insisted as a family and friends payment.
He contacted me saying shipping was to much he needed $25 more.. Than another $25...
If some of the good people on this site take a minute to send Harvey and email asking "Where David's mats?"
Thank you David
Never, never, never use friends & family to transfer funds on Paypal. Asking you to do that is a sure sign of a scam.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry to hear you got scammed, unfortunately it is all too common these days. You are better offering to pay an additional amount to cover the fees. so that the seller receives his full asking amount via the goods option and you retain some protection.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
There is no one on this forum with the name Harvey Grout, nor anyone with the email address of [email protected]
Sorry to say, we can be of little support beyond commiserating with you over your loss..

Thank you David
I saw nice looking floor/sill mats with embroidered GT40 logos at olthoffracing.com, go to GT40 parts $350. You can trust that site...

Back