lexan air cleaners for TWM

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
After reading the thread about the TWM bodies for sale I remembered I have a extra used set of air cleaners for the TWM throttle bodies. Made of 1/2 inch MR10 polycarbonate, cnc cut with Mercedes Benz K&N air filters. $300 plus shipping. This is less than the cost of the material and K&N air filters. The pictures are not the exact set but like them.

Attachments

• IMG_9169.jpg
    IMG_9169.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_9167.jpg
    IMG_9167.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 219

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jack - Will these fit the Weber 48 IDAs I bought from you?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Randy I don't think so and I would hate to sell them for webers as the inversion would cause them to fog and it would have to be cleaned all the time.

When you get ready for air cleaners lets work on another idea, sort of like the tops could slide out for cleaning.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jack,

Thanks.. You've got a deal there.. I saw some REALLY nice air filters on an SPF Cobra when I was at Barrett Jackson this last January.. I took some pics and will send to you..

Kevin Box

Supporter
Jack

Can you give me the part number of the K&N filter element.
I am just about to start making some filters for my Hilbourne intake.

Thanks

KB

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Hi Jack,

Thanks.. You've got a deal there.. I saw some REALLY nice air filters on an SPF Cobra when I was at Barrett Jackson this last January.. I took some pics and will send to you..

Send me the pictures of what you have in mind Randy. [email protected]

The air filters in these units are round not oval, but of course you can bend them to fit as they are formed in rubber. You will have to cut them and seam them to fit properly but a good band saw makes short work of it. These are E-2867 but I suggest you make your filter top and bottom then go to K&N site and search for what you need.

Back