ZF Transaxle ForSale

John B

Temp Selling Pass
I sold my Lola to a gentlman who is installing a hewland. So now I have a extra Rebuilt ZF-2 5 speed transaxle with all the upgrades. The ZF has been totally rebuilt in the Reverse configuration for the GT40/Lola. It has 0 miles on the rebuild with standard gearing, I have the same gearing setup on my Gt 40 and is great. I'm Also including a brand new Kennedy bellhousing for a small block Ford/ZF link.
A steal at $7,500.00. Send me your Email for photo's if interested. My pixels are to big for this forum.

Thanks

John
[email protected]

Last edited:

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Re: ZF Transaxle For Sale GT40/Lola

This is additional pictures by request.
I sold my Lola to a gentlman who is installing a hewland. So now I have a extra Rebuilt ZF-2 5 speed transaxle with all the upgrades. The ZF has been totally rebuilt in the Reverse configuration for the GT40/Lola. It has 0 miles on the rebuild with standard gearing, I have the same gearing setup on my Gt 40 and is great. I'm Also including a brand new Kennedy bellhousing for a small block Ford/ZF link.
A steal at $7,500.00. Send me your Email for photo's if interested. My pixels are to big for this forum.

Thanks

John
[email protected]

Attachments

• DSC00337.JPG
    DSC00337.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 907
  • DSC00338.JPG
    DSC00338.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 883
  • DSC00339.JPG
    DSC00339.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,064
  • DSC00340.JPG
    DSC00340.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 999
  • DSC00341.JPG
    DSC00341.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 673
Be very careful running a type 2 converted to GT40/Lola configuration. At the very least, if oil transfer holes were not drilled at the bottom of and between the gear case and the differential case in the inverted position, you will eventually oil starve the ring and pinion and burn them and bearings up. Also in the Type 1, there are a couple rather unique oil transfer parts. The most critical is the trough that bolts into the gear case side. The trough collects oil splash from the drive gears and tranfers it to the differential side through a drain tube attached to the trough, which passes through an opening in the case. The tube end is positioned over the pinion gear and drops oil directly onto the pinion. If you're driving short distances infrequently, the oil transfer parts may not be that critical, but if you're planning on any long drives or spirited track time, think twice without these parts. There's a pretty good reason ZF designed these parts into the Type 1!

Be very careful running a type 2 converted to GT40/Lola configuration. At the very least, if oil transfer holes were not drilled at the bottom of and between the gear case and the differential case in the inverted position, you will eventually oil starve the ring and pinion and burn them and bearings up.

>>>An excellent point, and one of many little details often overlooked by amateurs who choose to modify their gearboxes themselves. Lloyd Butfoy at RBT (who rebuilt the box that's the subject of this thread) takes care of this, plus some other internal oiling modifications, when he does the 'inversion conversion'. While it may be more expensive to have a ZF done by Lloyd or Dennis Quella or Les Gray or Guy Trigaux, rather than Joe at your local transmission shop, I believe it's money well-spent!

The consequences for taking shortcuts can be very expensive indeed. :stunned:

John B

Temp Selling Pass
You have valid point. But RBT takes care of everthing. I'm running the same ZF type2 In my gt40 with flawless performance. Plus..I have sold several over the years with the same mod's with absoulutly no complants. Thankyou for the information, but if you get a ZF transaxle rebuilt from RBT..You don't have to worry.

Best

J

Back