Porsche GT2 tranny ready to use!

I have a full Porsche factory rebuilt 996 GT2 tranny sitting in a crate never having been installed or used since rebuild.

What's more, it has been sent to Roger at California Motor Sports for conversion for inverted use. So it's ready to go for anyone who wants a premium Gearbox. Over 200mph gearing!

It owes me $12,500 but I'm putting it out there before it goes onto Ebay in the not too distant future. I'm open to genuine offers. It's located in Illinois.

Please email me directly if you are interested.

[email protected]

Thanks for looking

Patrick

Attachments

• gt2 gears.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
  • GT2 tranny7.jpg
    GT2 tranny7.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 377
  • GT2 tranny 1.jpg
    GT2 tranny 1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 336
  • GT2 tranny 8.jpg
    GT2 tranny 8.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 368

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Patrick.

Please take a look at our FAQ which can be found at the link below and make the appropriate adjustments to your user name ((Most appreciated - thank you))..
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/faq.php

You might also want to indicate whether or not your transaxle has an LSD differential and also if it has a transferrable warranty etc..

Where abouts in Illinois are you?

Sorry, didn't mean to contravene the rules. It was a very spur of the moment thing. I quickly saw 'Garage Sale' and assumed I could post in here. I'll read the rules and do what needs to be done.

It has an LSD as I'm certain all GT2 tranny's would. Not sure on the warranty. The tranny is in Oswego, I'm in Australia.

-Patrick

Ok so I think I'm now legit. Changed name and paid my dues.

So is this the sort of item that would interest anyone or am I on the wrong forum? :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Patrick! :thumbsup:

You're in the correct forum.. Hopefully someone in need of a nice Transaxle will see yours and pull the trigger!

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Patrick, you might want to include overall length (measurement). GT40s have limited room. If a GT2 trans fits it would be a great option for someone.

it is long, but due to the side shift it fits
IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

it usually also have the provisions for an internal oil pump and a stock oil to water cooler.

Does it come with it ?

TOM

Thanks guys.

I bought this gearbox for a special project that just took too many hits over the last few years. If I don't sell it I may still wind up using it, but may opt for something else. As for what it comes with I just can't tell you at this very minute as it's not with me. However as you can see the receipt from C.M.S. it has had the mods to perform inverted and Roger said that the tranny appeared as advertised.

Thanks Tom for posting those pics too.

Patrick

Attachments

• California Motorsports receipt 001.jpg
    California Motorsports receipt 001.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 351

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
Wish I had noticed this post before buying a 993 trans to mount up to my 996TT motor. d'oh!

Back